Feb 15, 2017
solihull
Funster No
MH
hobby van exclusive T500
Exp
Hello
just wondering if anyone has a solution to my problem
I have a Hobby Motorhome T500 and last June 2016 the rear n/s window blew off in southern Spain
Hobby simply say that a replacement window is not available, citing that one of their suppliers went bust.
I thought most companies had dual source supply under law? but not Hobby, they seem surprisingly relaxed .
I understand i am not the only person with this problem .

So if anyone can advise me on what i can do, i would be very grateful

In the mean time my advice to anyone contemplating buying a Hobby is to get written confirmation that ALL spare parts are available
otherwise i should look else where and save yourself the bother

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Think someone on here had a similar experience and wasn't too impressed with the replacements provided, altered the whole look of their van apparently.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Hello
just wondering if anyone has a solution to my problem
I have a Hobby Motorhome T500 and last June 2016 the rear n/s window blew off in southern Spain
Hobby simply say that a replacement window is not available, citing that one of their suppliers went bust.
I thought most companies had dual source supply under law? but not Hobby, they seem surprisingly relaxed .
I understand i am not the only person with this problem .

So if anyone can advise me on what i can do, i would be very grateful

In the mean time my advice to anyone contemplating buying a Hobby is to get written confirmation that ALL spare parts are available
otherwise i should look else where and save yourself the bother
I had a hobby premium drive and they had to replace all external windows, which in my opinion changed the whole look of the van and one of the reasons I changed
To be fair to hobby they did replace them without any mither and citied the same reason, supplier went bust, probably the same supplier
Would be surprised if they don't sort it out my experience of them is they try to sort problems out and accept when they have design flaws
Have you tried ringing there UK HQ in Derby I think

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the windows distorting was subject to a recall, and the original supplier went bust

other than persuing hobby to change all the windows, eeco can make a replacement to match
Link Removed

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Sadly Hobby went through a bad patch culminating I was told with the caravan building side getting involved, they did change window supplier and the one supplied were thinner and cheaply made and they misshaped thats in addition to fittings going the same way, My friends also had problems with the renault auto box on his that went on and on, in the end under protest they gave him another motorhome and least it was after they had improved things and thats been fine, I had pre 2010 built Hobby Sphinx and it was built like a battleship and could not fault the quality just a shame they went through this bad patch.
I would take them to small claims court for the price of having a new one made and let a judge decide the length of time a manufacturer should offer availablity of parts for vehicle they have sold

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
:welcome4:
Sorry to hear about your problems.

Good luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

jeremy hawker

Free Member
Feb 15, 2017
solihull
Funster No
MH
hobby van exclusive T500
Exp
Hello again
and thanks for the replies
Sorry to whinge on a first post
I wanted to see if this was a "one off case" or are there more people who have been let down by Hobby
i see from the European motor manufacturers association which includes OEM constructors that actually 15 years spares supply is the norm
So i shall ask Hobby if they are concerned about poor service
in the meantime please send any Hobby problems to me
Thank you

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Hi from Bedfordshire. I wish I could help but otherwise, as already stated, there are several people who may be able to supply a replacement. As a last resort you may try a bespoke window if it is a fairly standard size.
Polyplastic Motorhome Windows,
http://nationalcaravanbreakers.co.uk/windows (have some Hobby windows in stock)
Good luck!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back