Poor reversing camera image at night (1 Viewer)

Sep 30, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta KYacht 85
Exp
25 years
Hi and sorry if this had been dealt with elsewhere but I’ve just spent an hour searching threads and can’t see a similar post.
I tend to do a lot of night time driving in my MH and often arrive home late at night. The reversing camera on the Mobilvetta is mounted at high level. During daylight it gives perfect viewing but at night the image is poor and flary almost as though there is condensation on the lens.
I’ve come to the conclusion that it must be lack of illumination at the back and was thinking of fitting extra reversing lights (led) but wanted to check if others have the same problem or found a solution?
thanks in advance

Reactions: 68c

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I had the same problem when I first fitted our rear view camera and I found it to be the infra red light at night was causing glare because the sun shade over the camera was painted white and reflecting the infra red light across the camera lens.
I painted the underside of the sun shade matt black and the picture was then as clear as day.

1605775149753.png

OP
OP
Supermoto Man
Sep 30, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta KYacht 85
Exp
25 years
Thanks for your speedy reply - I've just been down to the compound to take a look and I don't think this is the case on my van - TGHe surround is quite dark Maybe its a rubbish camera but the image is good in the daylight

IMG_8001.jpeg
IMG_8002.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back