Poor dipped beam (1 Viewer)

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Morning all , I find the dipped beam on my fiat x290 chassis is to say the least poor if not downright dangerous . Has any one else had the same problem I was wondering can any one recommend a replacement bulb they are the H7 type at 55watts same as the main but no problem with that beam . I know there are many replacement/improvement bulbs on the market but can anyone actually recommend one ?

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I replaced my stock bulbs with Osram Night Breaker Unlimited H7 on my x250. I've used Night Breakers on my previous cars and my motorbikes over the years. They are noticeably brighter than cheapo stock bulbs and I've not had one burn out on me yet. They are a cold white, but no blue tinge.

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
Go with the nightbreakers, they are well regarded.
Outside of that you could do what I do but it's illegal and I have to replace the plug with a ceramic one to stop it melting :D
Bright though :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Go with the nightbreakers, they are well regarded.
Outside of that you could do what I do but it's illegal and I have to replace the plug with a ceramic one to stop it melting :D
Bright though :D
Thank you for that, will have a look at them ?

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
I replaced my stock bulbs with Osram Night Breaker Unlimited H7 on my x250. I've used Night Breakers on my previous cars and my motorbikes over the years. They are noticeably brighter than cheapo stock bulbs and I've not had one burn out on me yet. They are a cold white, but no blue tinge.
That’s two votes fo night breakers so will check them out on Monday ,thanks

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
Just a slight improvement... surprisingly never been flashed at though.

2015-07-13 22.30.25.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Just changed my 2 dipped beam bulbs to Xeon 150 ,it really is a 10 min job to remove the headlight assembly and replace the bulbs . You only need a torx 30 to do the job. They really do look brighter but will have to wait till night time to really tell , the blurb on the box says they should put upto 150% more light on the road fingers crossed because at £34 per pair they are not cheap ??

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Morning all , I find the dipped beam on my fiat x290 chassis is to say the least poor if not downright dangerous . Has any one else had the same problem I was wondering can any one recommend a replacement bulb they are the H7 type at 55watts same as the main but no problem with that beam . I know there are many replacement/improvement bulbs on the market but can anyone actually recommend one ?
old thread I know, BUT, as you know I took the far superior A Class for the mot on tuesday resulting in the early morning dark ride to work in the said far superior A Class and I was surprised how blummin good the lights were, better than my old C Class, just saying ?????

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back