Poor Battery or a broken display? (1 Viewer)

JJ20

Free Member
Sep 19, 2016
UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2016
Hi everyone.

My EC200 display unit is telling me my vehicle battery is (poor) but yet it starts lovely since running it the last couple of weeks? Also on the display when I push the top right button 'battery icon' the little red led don't light up anymore. I'm wondering if it's the EC200 display playing up or in actual fact my vehichle battery is on its way out? About 2 weeks ago I did have to jump start the motorhome when I picked it up from storage tho. Any advice is appreciated thanks.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Peraps put it on hook up for a few days to fully charge everything then see what happens.

OP
OP
J

JJ20

Free Member
Sep 19, 2016
UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2016
Yeah I tried that, I thought the same but it still says poor battery 0.00%, I think I will go and get the battery checked tomorrow so I can rule it out or replace it :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
A "good" Battery, rested, should show 12.5+ish Volts with no drains or charging and hold that over a period of time. Recommended periods for a battery stored not in use is to charge about every 3 months.

I have 2 in my garage, which are off classic cars. They are permanently connected to a couple of the cheap 10w solar panels from Aldi. Which keeps them in good condition without overcharge.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back