Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
Good morning all, Debs and I are planning a couple of days visiting Poole in May to see our son who is based there. Has anyone got any good places to stay in the MH for a few days? All suggestions greatly appreciated.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I stayed very cheaply at the Haven site there a few years back.

It was ok as long as you kept away from the entertainment at night.

About £10 a night I think but that was in October.

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
Would recommend Haycraft CC site at Harmans Cross between Corfe Castle and Swanage.
A regular bus service operates to Poole from a bus stop at the end of the lane.
Stef.

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I live next to Cobbs Quay and have never heard of them doing overnight for Motorhomes. South Lytchett Manor is beautiful and on a bus link to the local area. There are two pubs within walking distance too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 24, 2013
Torbay, Devon
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1992
South Lytchett manor touring park is a great site, bus stop at the gate, if you have a dog there is a 2 acre fenced dog walk where they can run off lead quite safely, dog friendly pub a couple of minutes walk from site, always stay there when in area.
Don

tedontour

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2011
london
Funster No
MH
van conversion autocruise
Exp
since 1976
I stopped there once ,did not tell them and had breakfast at the clubhouse and a mate did the same it was a few years ago. You could ask the harbour master if you could stay ! He can only say no hope this helps

Ted

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
image.jpg
Stayed at South Lytchett Manor for our very first MH outing last October for two nights. Weather turned out to be dreadful so didn't actually catch bus to Poole as we originally intended but as stated the bus stop is literally outside. There is a pavement path to walk to the pub where the staff were very friendly. Seemed good facilities at the site. Little cafe next door you can reach by walking out the back of the campsite. There is a walk round Poole to see interesting buildings you can download (didn't do cos of rain) and we have previously taken the ferry boat trip round the harbour past Brownsea Island which was about £7/8 for the hour. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back