Free Member
Aug 11, 2013
Plymouth UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2015
Hi. Couple of quick questions, we are crossing from Poole to Cherbourg in a couple of weeks with Brittany Ferries and wondered if a) can you sleep the night before the morning crossing at the port, and b) we have only booked one way so when we decide to come back do we need to find somewhere to print a paper ticket or can we just take the reference number from our phone email. TIA Chris

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
While living on Guernsey and using Condor ferries I have parked overnight at the port. Drive in as if you are going to the check in booths and park alongside the large blue shed. It is just before the café where you can get something in the morning. The toilets are clean and accessible 24/7, though odd cubicles may be locked to reduce cleaning in the off season.

There is a sign on the wall about paying something in the café but I never did in 10 years and am not aware of anyone who has. Simply drive over in the morning and join the queue, you will be amazed how many have turned up overnight and gone straight to the check in queue and slept there.

Can't help you with your ticket enquiry as I was on special deal as a resident.

Good luck Clive

The Cherbourg Check in is to the Left of the Channel Island one and very clearly marked.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just an advisory note. The old bridge that you would probably come over to go to the ferry is currently closed due to lengthy works but the new bridge is fully functional, it is signposted quite well and very pretty at night. Enjoy your trip.

Terry and Jan

Free Member
Feb 25, 2014
Saltash,Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
You can park overnight no problem by the large shed near the toilets and showers. They now put a notice on your windscreen to ask you to pay £5 for parking. Im happy to pay it at the cafe in the morning for the use of showers toilets etc. To me better to pay it than they stop it.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
You can park overnight no problem by the large shed near the toilets and showers. They now put a notice on your windscreen to ask you to pay £5 for parking. Im happy to pay it at the cafe in the morning for the use of showers toilets etc. To me better to pay it than they stop it.
We are happy to pay also but cafe has always been closed :-(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
It opens at around 6 in the morning.
Never has when we have been there :-( Always think a bacon roll this time but so far not :-( We usually stop when coming over and never leave that early and stop again coming home so there fr the morning ferry ! Is usually October beginning Nov . Wonder if that is why ?

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
If you have a couple of days before going on ferry south lychett campsite is just up the road and very nice, great pub also down the road.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Given you live in Plymouth (I assume :)) I'm intrigued why you are taking this route. Is the Poole/Cherbourg crossing much cheaper than Plymouth/Roscoff?

OP
OP
chrisinplymouth

chrisinplymouth

Free Member
Aug 11, 2013
Plymouth UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2015