Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Poole
Funster No
MH
panel van
Exp
many
Once again im running a meet in aid of the Holton Lee charity near poole , this charity caters for and provides respite for the handicapped and their carers , the camping field is quite large and theres a toilet block with showers , no electric hook up ,limited hard standing , loads of walks and birdwatching overlooking the harbour , 4 miles from poole town centre .

Holton Lee the Poole Ralley this year will be weekend of 13th – 15th March .
Start time on friday 13th will be 1.00 pm . untill 2.00pm sunday afternoon . Cost for weekend £12 .. can pm me , Lets hope we have a succesfull meet , every single penny goes to the Holton Lee charity .
Links to the Holton Lee ..................... Thanks .........Ron.

These are probably all the links youll need ....................Post code is : BH16 6JN.............................

Link Removed = Travel directions .

Link Removed

S

symbolic

Deleted User
Hi woody, we should be able to make your meet. Sounds like a good charity.
N & S

OP
OP
woodyold

woodyold

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Poole
Funster No
MH
panel van
Exp
many
Hope you can , we had a good turn out last year made £210 for holton lee :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Woody - Not sure if we can come yet or not. Any chance of posting it in the meets list as it will bring it to more peoples attention. (It will also keep it fresh in my mind date wise)

Sonja

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Possibility I could be down in Poole on the boat, if any one goes to Poole Quay, look in the marina there for 'Lady K' you can see her from the quay side as she is on A pontoon which runs alongside the quay.:thumb:

You can always PM me as I am generally on the net 24/7!

Peter

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Woody

Not sure maybe Jim could sort it for you.

Peter does tha mean a cuppa on Board or a Fun Boat Trip:winky:

Sonja

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
No problem , how do i do that ?

Hi Woody.

Try these instructions.

Click on 'Calendar' (at the top)
This will then show you the calendar for January 2009. You will see events scheduled for certain days.

Under that calendar are a series of boxes.
One says 'Add new event' - click that
Click on 'Ranged Event'
Jump to month - and set that and click Go

New page will appear
Add your title of the Meet
Set event date for Start
Set event date for End
Add your information, i.e. dates, links, times, prices, phone numbers etc. Also add some info about the charity.

Once it's all in, Press 'Save Event'.
From this point only you can go on this page and edit it.

Click on the Parc Verger meet and you will get an idea of how I do any meets that I may arrive.

Good luck:thumb: Any probs come back to me. I will be on here for about 45 minutes more that's all.
Pammy

BTW - Every time you go back in to the calendar to edit something, make sure you press 'Save event' after.

Last edited:
OP
OP
woodyold

woodyold

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Poole
Funster No
MH
panel van
Exp
many
Thanks pammy , job done , hope it attracts attention .

F

fjmike

Deleted User
Less than four weeks until this rally and I can't wait. In my opinion this has to be one of the best venues for a motorhome rally going with stunning views and really peaceful location right at the back of the Poole harbour, along with plentiful wildlife.Get up early to see the herd of deer grazing in the next field or if your not an early riser wander down to the hide and see them grazing out in the estuary as well as the abundant bird life. All this for twelve quid for the weekend why would you want to be anywhere else?????????

OP
OP
woodyold

woodyold

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Poole
Funster No
MH
panel van
Exp
many
Once again im running a meet in aid of the Holton Lee charity near poole , this charity caters for and provides respite for the handicapped and their carers , the camping field is quite large and theres a toilet block with showers , no electric hook up ,limited hard standing , loads of walks and birdwatching overlooking the harbour , 4 miles from poole town centre .

Holton Lee the Poole Ralley this year will be weekend of 13th – 15th March .
Start time on friday 13th will be 1.00 pm . untill 2.00pm sunday afternoon . Cost for weekend £12 .. can pm me , Lets hope we have a succesfull meet , every single penny goes to the Holton Lee charity .
Links to the Holton Lee ..................... Thanks .........Ron.

These are probably all the links youll need ....................Post code is : BH16 6JN.............................

Link Removed = Travel directions .

Link Removed

Only 3 Weeks To Go

Just a small point , if you dont like wildlife or walking why not use it as a cheap weekend to get to the nearby locations such as Wareham, Swanage , Weymouth ,Bournemouth, Christchuch and of course the nearest Poole .

Last edited:
OP
OP
woodyold

woodyold

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Poole
Funster No
MH
panel van
Exp
many
Only 2 Weeks now to Holton Lee

Only 2 weeks for holton lee ,

For people who havent been to Holton Lee :

Travel Directions to Holton Lee..... .......Satnav = BH16 6JN
From London take the M3 then onto the M27 which becomes the A31 by-pass

(Ringwood). Then take the A350 South to the A35. Turn right onto the A35
and follow signs for Dorchester. At the Baker's Arms roundabout turn left
onto the A351 signed Wareham for @ 1/4 mile. Turn left just after the Romany
Trading Estate into Holton Lee's private road. [About 1 mile long ]

From Poole take the A35 towards Dorchester and turn left at the Baker's
Arms roundabout onto the A351 signed Wareham for ? mile. Turn left just
after the Romany Trading Estate into Holton Lee's private road. [About 1
mile long ]

From Dorchester take the A35 towards Poole and turn right at the Baker's
Arms roundabout onto the A351 signed Wareham for ? mile. Turn left just
after the Romany Trading Estate into Holton Lee's private road [About 1
mile long ]

Start 1.00 noon fri. Fin 4.00 pm sunday £12 for weeekend .
a do what you like weekend , birdwatching , walking ,sightseeing whatever floats your boat .

every penny goes to the holton lee charity :thanks2:

Last edited:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Woody
Peter does tha mean a cuppa on Board or a Fun Boat Trip:winky:
Sonja

Your welcome to a cuppa, dunno about a Fun Boat trip. depends on the weather:cry:

Been meaning to go down all this week, daughter's nicked me laptop for uni work, says hers won't do it and now the weather looks rubbish again.

Peter

OP
OP
woodyold

woodyold

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Poole
Funster No
MH
panel van
Exp
many
Hey peter , if you see a swarm of motorhomes parked up at baiter / harbour side park , get ya tea set out , your kettles going to be busy .

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Now heres an interesting question, what do MHomers wear on their feet in a MH?

On Sunseekers, Fairline, Princess's and such like, shoes when on deck or the aft cockpit but as soon as you go inside (Saloon) shoes off.

Peter

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Woody

Whats the latest we can get there on the Friday. We are hoping to come but not sure how early we can arrive on the Friday. Its all M25 dependant.

Sonja

F

fjmike

Deleted User
Hi Sonja

Seems as if Woody isn't about at the mo' so I'll try to answer your question. Don't worry about getting there late as there are no neighbours to complain:RollEyes: . I won't be there that early as I'm on late shift that week so won't be getting away until at least 19.00hrs with a minimum 2 hour trip down

OP
OP
woodyold

woodyold

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Poole
Funster No
MH
panel van
Exp
many
Sorry about that , im on nightshift , ye thanks mike , no probs just turn up ill be around somewhere , probably in the pavillion with everybody , start time is 1.00 so that the people who work there can get out of the way they finish around 12.00 , but if you are early dont hang about just come on in itll be ok i always have a rota day off work for the meet so ill be there early doors sorting things anyway . Be nice to se ya .................Ron. :thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
woodyold

woodyold

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Poole
Funster No
MH
panel van
Exp
many
Now heres an interesting question, what do MHomers wear on their feet in a MH?

On Sunseekers, Fairline, Princess's and such like, shoes when on deck or the aft cockpit but as soon as you go inside (Saloon) shoes off.

Peter

We do the same normally , shoes off when entering van and and slippers , when visiting usually take shoes off befor entering .

F

fjmike

Deleted User
Looks like the weather is going to be half resonable so nobody has any excuses, where else could you get to stay at such an exclusive venue for £12.00 for the weekend

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back