LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
I have never really thought of myself as penny pinching, but for some reason I feel over thirteen pounds for one pensioner to stop and look at a bridge is quite expensive?

If one could stay overnight then yes I would think it a bargain, and if there were two people seven pounds or eight pounds each seems fine. Five people and its a good price..... but just for me for the hour or so I will be looking at the bridge seems quite high.

I suppose its time to duck my head below the 'parapet' now!!!!
To be fair, you'd pay nearly £20 to get into Westminster Abbey for an hour, just an old church, but ..................

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Hmmm.... hope I don't feel the same after visiting the Pont Neuf as I did after Westminster Abbey.

I only went as someone I met the day before had said - "Oh! but you MUST visit the Abbey it is fantastic" The icing on the cake (pun intended) was the coffee house in the crypt, jammed in amongst various dignitaries tombs. They didn't have the menu hung round one of the sculptures necks.......but!

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Hmmm.... hope I don't feel the same after visiting the Pont Neuf as I did after Westminster Abbey.

I only went as someone I met the day before had said - "Oh! but you MUST visit the Abbey it is fantastic" The icing on the cake (pun intended) was the coffee house in the crypt, jammed in amongst various dignitaries tombs. They didn't have the menu hung round one of the sculptures necks.......but!
I'm a real history and architecture lover so to be honest I was hours in W Abbey, was amazing. With the Pont du Gard, to think it was designed and built by the romans and has stood in all it's glory for so long, it was a pleasure to see. Takes more than an hour if you cross over and walk up into the hills opposite, you can have a different view of it then, quite incredible. We took a picnic and had a chill, so made a day of it really. Tho hubby did initially lose our barrier ticket and we almost ended up stranded in there !!!!! Nearly caused divorce !!!!! :boxing:

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
I too love history and architect.

Its interesting what you say. I had no desire to stay long in Westminster Abbey - its strange how different places make different impressions. I was longing to visit Ioan, thinking it would be one of the highlights of my Scottish trip, but in fact it left me totally cold, and for some reason mildly irritated. Its all personal feeling when it comes down to it, and whether a place strikes a cord.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back