Pongy Fridge (1 Viewer)

M

Mark&Sue

Deleted User
Hey Everyone,

Hope to catch you all well, here we go....I've got a Norcold Fridge/Freezer that stinks rather badly, sort of a rotten meat smell.

We have cleaned and scrubbed it numerous times but the smell is still there.

Any sugestions please?

Thanks in advance
Best Regards,

Mark & Sue:pray:

OP
OP
M

Mark&Sue

Deleted User
B of S

Hi wash it out with bicarbonate of soda, that does the trick.:thumb: And when not in use leave the door ajar.

Thanks Wildman, got Sue on her hands and knees right now giving it a go! I'll post the results.

Best Regards,

Mark & Sue :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi mark and sue,

can be real problem once the smell permeates the plastic liner of the fridge.
scrubbing doesnt usually work.
try washing it out with lemon juice.....fresh, not the jiffy stuff...too sticky.
dont know if it has any but check any drain holes for blockages.

then stand a bowl of boiling water and lemon juice in it overnight with the door shut.
next day give it a wash out with water to remove the lemon juice and dry it completely.

sounds like its been turned off and the door kept shut rather than in the storage position.

i've had a broken larder fridge in the garage for a month or two......opened the door and nearly chucked up......god did it stink.:Eeek:

this works a treat for smelly microwaves so it should work for fridges as well........nowt to lose and a nice smelling fridge to boot and dont forget to leave the door open when not in use.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

Mark&Sue

Deleted User
Cool Ideas

Thanks Pappajohn,

Cool advice (See what I did there haha, COOL advice for my fridge) oh, never mind! lol :ROFLMAO:

Won't have to ever switch it off as were full timing. Good advice though, we'll try that too.

Best Regards,

Mark & Sue.

Upvote 0

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Have you checked the drip pot inside the vent at the rear of the fridge?

Water goes down a tube that drains the narrow trough on the back wall inside the fridge. It drains into a small alluminimum cup that may also harbour smellys. :Eeek:

We had an RV with a Norcold, and I found the tube had been crimped near the end and really niffed when I cleared it out, so I used to check it on a regular basis. ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back