Polution? (1 Viewer)

W

Wilbury

Deleted User
Hi All
When Clarkson interviewed a minister it was disclosed that the total polution of all vehicles worldwide was just 4% of the total global polution. Yes, FOUR PERCENT.
In other words. if all the vehicles in the world were never ever to run again the polution level would only drop by 4%.
So what benefit do our so called leaders think their continual taxing of the motoring public will produce.
This demonstrates once again the lies and deceit that is dealt out to us, and shows what a pathetic and disgusting ruse the latest tax increases are.
Wilbury

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
I agree whole heartedly with you Wilbury, although watch out......there are those here who, despite being motorhome enthusiasts, begrudge the enjoyment of those who own big engined vehicles such as "Gas guzzling Chelsea tractors" etc :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
First way to start saving the planet is to boycott cheapo Chinese goods.

I was looking forward to my senior years and not be screwed to death by a cheating government using green issue to tax us all to death.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Perhaps the main problem we have in the UK is that we are governed by dogma.

1970s - Wilson's dogma of allowing the Trades Unions to rule.
1980s/early 90s - Thatchers dogma of smashing Unions and feeding the greedy.
1997 on - New Labour dogma of "must be seen to do the on message thing whether it's good for the country or not".

The trouble with stats is that you can prove anything with them. I expect it's probably correct that the total polution of all vehicles worldwide is just 4% of the total global polution - but the trouble is that concentration isn't uniform worldwide so there are good arguments (whether we choose to believe them or not) for imposing measures intended to clean up air quality in particular places.

As a result of dogma instead of targetting, measures to clean up obvious problems within limited city areas become confused with national measures - so both are touted as either good or bad according to individual opinion rather than scientific fact.

Graham

OP
OP
W

Wilbury

Deleted User
Perhaps the main problem we have in the UK is that we are governed by dogma.

1970s - Wilson's dogma of allowing the Trades Unions to rule.
1980s/early 90s - Thatchers dogma of smashing Unions and feeding the greedy.
1997 on - New Labour dogma of "must be seen to do the on message thing whether it's good for the country or not".

The trouble with stats is that you can prove anything with them. I expect it's probably correct that the total polution of all vehicles worldwide is just 4% of the total global polution - but the trouble is that concentration isn't uniform worldwide so there are good arguments (whether we choose to believe them or not) for imposing measures intended to clean up air quality in particular places.

As a result of dogma instead of targetting, measures to clean up obvious problems within limited city areas become confused with national measures - so both are touted as either good or bad according to individual opinion rather than scientific fact.

Graham

Hi Graham,
Polution is a global problem and has to be dealt with on a global scale.
The schemes which our so called leaders put in place are simply to raise money and are now seen as such by an ever increasing number of people.
Their effects on this globular problem are so negligable as to be insignificant, and, if the matter were not so serious would be laughable
What is the international comunity doing to curb the accelerating increase of polution created by China? Nothing that I can see.
We should all stop buying Chinese produced goods NOW.
Wilbury

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
So what benefit do our so called leaders think their continual taxing of the motoring public will produce.

:RollEyes::RollEyes: Let me see now:-

Addition to the MP's Allowances?

Addition to the MP's £26,000 towards outfitting a second house?

Addition to the MP's rip-off payments to family members?

Addition to the MP's all ready too BIG (overpaid) Salary?

Addition to the MEP's ALL of the above?

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
:RollEyes::RollEyes: Let me see now:-

Addition to the MP's Allowances?

Addition to the MP's £26,000 towards outfitting a second house?

Addition to the MP's rip-off payments to family members?

Addition to the MP's all ready too BIG (overpaid) Salary?

Addition to the MEP's ALL of the above?

You have got it smack on this little island of ours is not going to make a bit of a diffrence to global pallution. The politicians are lining there pockets and we are paying for it. Thatcher killed off the mines and industry and had to find work somewhere for the workers result. RECYCLING

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
It has never ever been about Global Warming or Polution.
It IS about Taxation. And the sugering the greenies for thier vote.

How can we tax the Minority (workers) and the majority (Drivers) and any one else that has a penny in the pocket.

They attacked the smokers (huge tax payers) so have to recoupe lost revenue.

Now its the motorist paying tax for fuel and lost cigarette revenue.

I have heard a rumour that they are concidering the banning and scrapping large gas guzzelers and compensating owners with vouchers toward low emmision vehicles.
A bit like the French when they introduced the MOT.:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back