Polish v. UK C1 Medical (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
A comparison of C1 medical in Poland with the same in uk. As UK same medical for all lorry/bus up to ‘C’

Take Basia as my interpreter with me.

Firstly one is warned in advance it will last 3 hours. What?!

Arrive and first one has to fill in a form answering questions on health, which are more or less the same as the one’s the UK Dr. fills in, having asked you the questions, so not much difference there.

10-15 minutes wait.

Called to ‘Psychology tests’. First test is matching shapes in a book. I got as far as page 18 (without falling asleep with boredom) when the lady takes the book.

Next on the computer answering lots(60?) of questions on reactions to certain situations, not necessarily driving. Probably looking for consistency, many on alcohol.

Then on computer to do coordination tests – like games of tennis, getting dot past moving blocks etc.

Next put in a light-proof box for 5+ mins to adjust eyes to dark. After which flashing light then wait for circle with gap to appear out of the gloom and say which o’clock gap is at.

All the psychology takes more than one hour, by which time the rest of the team are chomping at the bit to go home.

Rushed into eye test – just basic letters diminishing in size like UK. I was failing. She took my glasses to wash – I had been wearing the Covid mask all the time and residue from condensation had built up. Passed.

Rushed into Dr. She spent 10 minutes filling in forms, then only took BP. Finally signed ‘Pass’ form with re-test date 2 ½ years hence.

This was the disappointment as blurb said every 5 years, but for over 60s they halve it. I had thought 5 years would make it safe to buy another MH >3.5t.

It had all taken 3 hours. My interpreter was not needed so Basia sat reading a book all this time.

Seems very long winded and less thorough than UK on purely medical side, just all the guff on psychological side.

All for 350kgs over 3.5t in out MH, but we ould not run at 3.5t.

Geoff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back