Polish Motorways (1 Viewer)

Jul 13, 2011
Stoney Stanton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Our van is 3.50 tonnes, are all the motorways toll operated and can you pay by card and cash?:sneaky:

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Petro

You have most of the info in 'frog's' link.

I would just add that we live in Katowice and provide the additional info that while the sections of the A4 between Wroclaw and Katowice and Katowice and Krakow have tolls the sections near both Wroclaw and Katowice, and from the German border to East of Wroclaw are toll-free. The tolls are not expensice - Katowice-Wroclaw section is about £3.50.

At the start of each toll section in either direction one just presses a button for a ticket, which confirms where you entered the section, and then pays at your exit point, either where the section of Toll on the Motorway itself ends, or at an intermediate Exit.

I have never seen anyone using cards. The booths are always staffed. Just avoid the 'ViaToll' lanes, which are for over 3.5t, and go for the ones showing a man's head and shoulders. It is all quite easy

Over 3.5t officially needs a ViaToll box which operates via gantry sensors and on Motorways and Trunk roads, but that does not concern you at 3.5t

Geoff

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Yes I would say you would , the VIAtoll is very bureaucratic , as I couldn't avoid (11.9 ton) having to set up contract at site not right on main route (you have to look for) . It also doesnt cover all tolls so you have to do payg on some roads both systems are relatively cheap .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back