police crime comishioners election (1 Viewer)

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
The Government do not have enough money for things like NHS and emergency services so in a crafty way they make other people responsible by inventing new jobs in charge knowing they can only fail through lack of money,when they do fail the Government can blame someone else who they put in charge as they say in the advert simples:Doh:

Cynical me :Blush:

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
They are actually Police and CRIME Commissioners. We already have an Independent Police Complaints Commission.

As they have the power to hire and fire Chief Constables, you effectively have the power via delegation to do the same.

Be interesting to see how many people use their vote.

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Don`t worry folks it`s all tax payer funded, y`know, us:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
It seems very low key here.

Apparently there should be elections in each police area except London where Boris has elected himself to save everyone else the bother. :roflmto:

I beleive candidates will be standing on a party basis which seems pretty poor. Hopefully there will be some independents.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
We have our voting cards but not one candidate has yet bothered to get in touch in any way at all

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Got the voting cards but no contact or notification of who is standing for election, so found a website giving the names of 3 candidates so far, one conservative, one labour and one independent. The conservative's profile only contains about a dozen tweets from his twitter account, the other two have not posted anything on their profile. So never heard of any of them, know nothing about any of them and I'm supposed to elect one of them. Daily Telegraph is predicting an electoral turnout of 18%!!!!!!

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I don't know how much the whole election will cost but I'm going to paid handsomely to work as a Poll Clerk on election day.

I'm not expecting to work very hard either ::bigsmile:

Xan

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm new
Just be wary that most candidates have party political backing. I think party politics should be kept well away from Policing, and if you vote for a party candidate you're voting for someone who can't make it as an MP to have influence on your local policing decisions.

I'll be only voting for an independent candidate.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We haven't had the official announcement of candidates yet (I think nominations close today) but local press has reported four people saying they will stand.

Of the four only one has any experience of managing an organisation with a large budget. The others only have junior management experience, if any.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Just be wary that most candidates have party political backing. I think party politics should be kept well away from Policing, and if you vote for a party candidate you're voting for someone who can't make it as an MP to have influence on your local policing decisions.

[HI]I'll be only voting for an independent candidate[/HI].

likewise.. if and when we are officially told who is standing

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We have just got our voting cards..

Thing is, without considerable research and investigation, no one will know who the hell to vote for.. and I REALLY cannot see the average person even bothering to vote let alone take the time to look at the options

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Funnily enough, I have been wondering if it affected us cos there have been all these adverts on telly, but no leaflets through the door or anything. Today as others have said, the Poll cards arrived so yes - apparently it does affect us.

That's all I know.

But I spose if nominations don't end till today, all the door knockers will be coming round 'soon'.

Except we won't be in. Literally.

It may have been in the paper I spose, dunno cos we don't have it.

Personally if I wanted to be elected for anything I'd attempt to make myself known to those I wanted to vote for me, at the earliest opportunity and then keep reminding em - wouldn't you?

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Police commissioners only bring to mind Adam West as Batman.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I signed up on the official police page to get an 'alerting email' when the candidates have been selected .......... It said the details will be due for publication on about the 25th of this month

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
using the above supplied link, I noticed all five of the proposed candidates are just councillors .. NONE have any inkling of the criminal world at all apart from possibly how to fiddle expenses

I SHALL vote but I shall also write to them all expressing my concern about their ability to do the job

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
At the moment we have 5 all trying to get their hands on an empty purse to be in control:Doh:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We have our voting cards but not one candidate has yet bothered to get in touch in any way at all

Same here:Sad: Got the Polling Cards:thumb: BUT No Candidates surfacing:cry:

And these Pillocks think we are going to vote :Angry: For a name, on a piece paper?

Think "NONE OF THE ABOVE" is going to be the order of the day:cry:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Closing date for nominations was yesterday. No doubt candidates will be telling us how good they are in the next few weeks :cry:

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
its just another gravy train. jobs for the boys. they will have to have a huge salary, index linked final salary pension, bupa, etc etc. plus all their hanger ons. yes we really need them ivory55

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
This is ridiculous. Got polling cards but not heard from any candidates.

Looked them up. Neverheard of any of them.

Out of 3 only one has bothered to put up an introductory statement about themselves.

And we are meant to vote for one of these?????

I won't be bothering. What a waste of time and money!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well this is a new, fat and full purse you know.....

Just found this publicity picture of the 5 politicians vying for the position in this area;

000004-titleimage.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back