LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I was there about 5 or 6 years ago in August. I couldn't believe how hot it was,30-35 being the norm.It was a lovely country and at that time very cheap.
As said the roads left a lot to be desired,the worse being the motorway west of Berlin,built from concrete by Hitler and never maintained since,so you can imagine what its like. The rest of the roads that I traveled on were pretty much OK.
I found out were all the Germans go in summer,all the north coastal campsites being full of them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P

pkurzok

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
australia
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
thanks
i was there in 94 and i remember roads were bad then what about place to stop i have a 10 meter rv

BobT

Free Member
Jun 15, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
In our experience you may see some of the worst driving ever. They are both murderous and suicidal. We will think very carefully before taking another group there. They make the Neapolitans look sedate and sensible.

BobT

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
thanks
i was there in 94 and i remember roads were bad then what about place to stop i have a 10 meter rv
At that time I had an 11 metre Rockwood with a toad, I must admit most of my camping was wild and I had no problems. The trip was like most of my trips,unplanned.I was in Scandinavia fishing and met up with a friend who had a Polish girlfriend.I remember catching a ferry from Sweden or Norway into Germany then driving east to Poland. The north coast had lovely scenery and at that time it was damn cheap.We were recruited to repair and recondition the children's playground in one of the villages and were given free camping for about 10 days.
My honest opinion is go for it and enjoy before its to late...that is if its not already. Most of the out of the way places have become common travel now and it gets more difficult to find somewhere new.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
hI,I WENT TO WALSALL IN THE WEST MIDLANDS TUESDAY AND HAVE NOT BEEN TO THE TOWN CENTRE FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS.
THERE ARE LOTS OF POLISH THERE AND THE ROADS ARE QUITE BAD SO YOU WOULD SAVE A FORTUNE IN DIESEL AND FERRY FEES AND STILL GET THE REAL FEEL OF POLAND I BELIEVE THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE WHO SPEAK POLISH THERE THAN SPEAK ENGLISH.
DAVE

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back