Free Member
Jul 10, 2016
Wigan
Funster No
MH
van conversion vivaro
Exp
im a newbie
Anyone taken their van to Poland? Best route? any advice on places to see or avoid?

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Wanted to go for years,something always crops up,i would like to see the area around the "White Tower Forest"(Bailowieza Forest ?) Borders of Poland and Belarus. There was at one time a Funster who had family connections in Poland,he may pop on in a minute. Best of luck.
Tea Bag

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Easy drive across Germany. We entered via the North, hugging the Baltic and drove down to Wroclaw and onto Prague.

Most of the roads that we drove on were great. A few km were appaling.

The West of Poland was Germany until the end of WW2 and borders have changed many times. I guess that the middle of the country would give the best impression of Poland.

People are friendly. The country is interesting and worth a visit or two.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 23, 2013
Hurworth-on-Tees, Darlington, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
Since July 2013 but been camping for 25+ years
We took the motorhome there in 2015. Straight autobahn from Berlin (which got better after we left Germany!) and then headed north east after Poznan as we were going to an event in Torun. Lovely town, lovely people, excellent food. Diesel very cheap as is food and beer in supermarkets.
Example fillet steak in centre square restaurant, with all trimmings, about ÂŁ8.
We left Poland and headed down to Prague and then back into south eastern Germany on the return leg.
We're going back again this summer, but might head for Prague area first, then north through the bottom corner of Poland before coming out into Germany again (although I fancy going to Bratlislava, and going across Austria!).

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Watch out for potholes and KEEP away from the border with all the NATO tanks on it, be prepared for a very quick exit home if it all blows up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
shrly

shrly

Free Member
Jul 10, 2016
Wigan
Funster No
MH
van conversion vivaro
Exp
im a newbie
have had an invite to check out a potential camping site in the making so will probably give it a go...thank you for the comments ! Oh and trying to talk other half into an upgrade on the MH (campervan really!) to improve comfort factor.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back