OP
OP
RuthRv

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
Hi All
apologies not been on the site for a while:Eeek: been busy::bigsmile: i will let this run for a while longer to see if any more are interested, it will be a choice of two sites, and it will be scheduled for august 2010,dates to be confirmed. Please be aware that once the site has been chosen I will post and you can then make the booking direct with the site, in regard to travelling down people can make their own way there if they so wish, or join the three muscateers (if you are brave enough:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:) Ferries and sites along the way will also be down to the individual. Will keep you posted asap re progress. Glad that there will be a few funsters on this:thumb: Once site is chosen I will put the meet on the calendar:thumb:

OP
OP
RuthRv

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
Hi Ruth

we would love to come on this trip, Jan and I have often talked about visiting but as Chaz will only be 10 feel she is too young to visit. One day for sure, I think it's a trip everyone should do..

Good luck with the plans.. :Smile:

Cheers

Jim n Jan
Hi Jim, Jan, Chaz,
I understand what you are saying in regard to chaz being too young to visit, and I said in my original thread that it is not recommended for children under 14, but there will be others I am sure (rita possibly) that doesn't want to visit the camp as it will be too distressing for them also, so you could have the option of coming and letting Chaz stay on the campsite. just a thought. Thank you for your good luck wishes trust me I need all the luck I can get:ROFLMAO:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi All
apologies not been on the site for a while:Eeek: been busy::bigsmile: i will let this run for a while longer to see if any more are interested, it will be a choice of two sites, and it will be scheduled for august 2010,dates to be confirmed. Please be aware that once the site has been chosen I will post and you can then make the booking direct with the site, in regard to travelling down people can make their own way there if they so wish, or join the three muscateers (if you are brave enough:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:) Ferries and sites along the way will also be down to the individual. Will keep you posted asap re progress. Glad that there will be a few funsters on this:thumb: Once site is chosen I will put the meet on the calendar:thumb:
Hi Ruth,

Good luck with this one, and thank you for putting yourself out to "get the ball rolling", so to speak. It is somewhere that I have wanted to visit for some time now, and as an ex serviceman, it is also something that I feel that I should/must do. Hopefully, I can do it in the company of like minded friends. :thanks2:

Best regards,

Jock.

P.S. Won't August be "bonce burning weather" in Poland? :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
RuthRv

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
poland trip please read

Hi well i have made a decision of all the sites that I have contacted two come out on top for me as they appear to be able to have all what we funsters need, I personally favour www.clepardia.pl
Camping, Wypoczynek na naszym campingu Clepardia, pole namiotowe looks the best and the replies to my e-mails were also very good plus it is possible that we could get a discount here, depending on how many m/homes book
so take a look, also look at www.smok.krakow., if anyone knows of any others that could also take large rv's please let me know.

let me know your feelings on the abve sites:thumb:

ps jock yes it will be hot, but it is the best time for those that may want to bring children, or are restricted to august when it coms to holidays, don't worry i am sure there will be plenty of slurry to keep you cool:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
OP
OP
RuthRv

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
Just to add to this

RV 32FT

We will tag along with you guys to make it 4 muskiteers if that is ok.

thats ok with me, and i am sure the others muskets will have no objection:ROFLMAO:

i will take this opportunity to say that no one has said if they would prefer one site against the other then i will make a decision and thats the one it will be, hopefully I should be able to update with dates etc next week.:thumb:

OP
OP
RuthRv

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
:Sad: just to update you on this one, sorry to everyone but I will not now be doing this trip in our motorhome, after lengthy discussions, and because I am restricted to only having two weeks holiday at one time it would have been too much of a rush at this moment in time, however if any of you funsters who are not restricted want to there is nothing to stop you from taking this trip on.:thumb: I hope that someone does.

Once again apologies, I have looked at all the options but this one is not now feasible for me.

ruth

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
:Sad: just to update you on this one, sorry to everyone but I will not now be doing this trip in our motorhome, after lengthy discussions, and because I am restricted to only having two weeks holiday at one time it would have been too much of a rush at this moment in time, however if any of you funsters who are not restricted want to there is nothing to stop you from taking this trip on.:thumb: I hope that someone does.

Once again apologies, I have looked at all the options but this one is not now feasible for me.

ruth
Sorry to hear that Ruth, but don't worry about it too much.
Two weeks is very tight indeed, and I think that folks will understand. :thumb:

We prefer three weeks when crossing the water, for anything other than Northern France or Belgium.

Regards,

Jock & Rita.

chrismacgowan

Free Member
Mar 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2005
Poland trip 2010

Ruth

Very sorry to hear you cannot make it - fully understand your point about a fortnight being too short.

I will carry on regardless! By the way - did you have any thoughts on a site on entering Poland? Berlin to Krakow is 560km and about 6 hours and I wondered if you had come across a site on the E36 A4 well for an overnight stop?

Sincerely

Christopher

Doneromin

Free Member
Jul 30, 2009
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Swift-Kontiki
Exp
8 yrs
Poland Trip 2010

Hi Chris :thumb:

Apologise in advance, I'm an absolute novice on "forums" so we I go.

We (the missis + me) would love to join the trip to Poland in 2010. it's one place I have always wanted to go to, but going on our own, we felt was too risky.
We have no problem with dates, and I agree with the 3 week duration, there must be so much to see.
Where do I go from here? I note in an earlier response, you have posted your e-mail address, is it OK to comunicate via that?
For your imfo, we have a Swift Kon-tiki, approx 28ft

Look forward to an update :Smile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun

ruth

I have just noticed this Ruth.

So sorry you have had to cancel this trip and know how much you wanted to do it.

Maybe another year?

chrismacgowan

Free Member
Mar 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Chris :thumb:

Apologise in advance, I'm an absolute novice on "forums" so we I go.

We (the missis + me) would love to join the trip to Poland in 2010. it's one place I have always wanted to go to, but going on our own, we felt was too risky.
We have no problem with dates, and I agree with the 3 week duration, there must be so much to see.
Where do I go from here? I note in an earlier response, you have posted your e-mail address, is it OK to comunicate via that?
For your imfo, we have a Swift Kon-tiki, approx 28ft

Look forward to an update :Smile:

By all means send me an e-mail. christopher@christophermacgowan.com
I have been in touch with Ruth and am planning to take over where she was sadly obliged to leave off. In essence I would do the planning and come up with sites and ferries but anyone joining would make the reservations direct with the sites based on all the contact info I supply. We would then travel together as a group for a bitofmoral support.

The visit would be centred around a "respect" visit to Auschwitz (it seems wildly inapproriate to refer to it as a holiday or tourist destination) and my guess would be an overnight stop east of Berlin probably 100miles into Poland. Probably three nights at the site Ruth found and then another night on the way back to Berlin.

The flexibility would come from some members of the team wanting to stay much longer in Poland - why not visit Kracow as it is so close - and that can all be factored in before we leave on the trip. Obviously I am hopeful to attract a reasonable number of interested motorhomers so we will just have to see. (I quite like a group because I happen to me a solo motorhomer - I am a widower - and love travelling and can do so as my children are adults and long since left home!!)

Anyway, at this moment I will mark you down as definitely interested!!

Drop me an e-mail any time.

Sincerely

Christopher

Zozzer

Free Member
Nov 4, 2007
Leigh, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Not Long Enough
We have just returned from our visit to Poland last week having fullfilled our ambition to visit Auschwitz.

We travelled via Dunkerque, Aachen & Moosbach before heading into Prague for a few days and a few other places within CZ.

There is a campsite at the Christian learning centre in the next street to the Auschwitz memorial. However because we arrived at Auschwitz mid morning, we decided to stay closer to Krakow as it's only an hour or so away.

All motorhomes park in area of the carpark just inside the entrance and there is a parking fee payable when you leave (7 zloty ). As Auschwitz and Auschwitz-Birkenau are a short distance apart there is a free return bus service between the two memorials.

If you do intend visiting Krakow, use the motorway as Polish roads away from the major routes are incredibly bad.

I can thoroughly recommend Korona Camping at Gaj on the outskirts of Krakow
and is well served by a frequent bus service to Krakow and the Wieliczka Salt Mines.
I advice you to take a look at Krakow prior to the salt mines and unless you are fit, it
can take it out of you decending the 385 steps into the mines (a lift brings you back to the surface).

Our first memorial was Dachau, which really brought home the raw facts. We then visited Bergen Belsen, In July 09 we visited Mauthausen near Linz in Austria and again
the horrors, the pain and the suffering we brought home in what was the most profitable slave labour camp. And finally Auschwitz and Auschwitz-Birkenau.

Last edited:

chrismacgowan

Free Member
Mar 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2005
Poland

This is really useful - many thanks.

Christopher

We have just returned from our visit to Poland last week having fullfilled our ambition to visit Auschwitz.

We travelled via Dunkerque, Aachen & Moosbach before heading into Prague for a few days and a few other places within CZ.

There is a campsite at the Christian learning centre in the next street to the Auschwitz memorial. However because we arrived at Auschwitz mid morning, we decided to stay closer to Krakow as it's only an hour or so away.

All motorhomes park in area of the carpark just inside the entrance and there is a parking fee payable when you leave (7 zloty ). As Auschwitz and Auschwitz-Birkenau are a short distance apart there is a free return bus service between the two memorials.

If you do intend visiting Krakow, use the motorway as Polish roads away from the major routes are incredibly bad.

I can thoroughly recommend Korona Camping at Gaj on the outskirts of Krakow
and is well served by a frequent bus service to Krakow and the Wieliczka Salt Mines.
I advice you to take a look at Krakow prior to the salt mines and unless you are fit, it
can take it out of you decending the 385 steps into the mines (a lift brings you back to the surface).

Our first memorial was Dachau, which really brought home the raw facts. We then visited Bergen Belsen, In July 09 we visited Mauthausen near Linz in Austria and again
the horrors, the pain and the suffering we brought home in what was the most profitable slave labour camp. And finally Auschwitz and Auschwitz-Birkenau.

chrismacgowan

Free Member
Mar 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2005
Poland

Just to highlight that I would be very interested to hear from anyone interested to join a planned Poland trip in August 2010.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Just to highlight that I would be very interested to hear from anyone interested to join a planned Poland trip in August 2010.
Hi Christopher,

Email sent to you last night @ 20.40 hrs. It might be in your Junk/Bulk folder

Regards,

Jock & Rita.

OP
OP
RuthRv

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
:Smile: So pleased Christopher that you have taken this on, feel better now as I didn't like to let people down, I will follow the thread as time goes on, as I am not getting any younger I have decided that hopefully I will do a trip over by plane sometime next year and take in the tour. Won't be as good as going in the motorhome I hate bloody flying, like cattles in a pen but needs must, good luck and thanks for taking over, I am sure that you will have lots of company. Hope to meet up with you sometime on a meet somewhere:thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Think you already did Ruth @ Stratford but he'd had a few thats why YOU cant remember:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
3 Sleeps Geo:thumb:

OP
OP
RuthRv

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
Think you already did Ruth @ Stratford but he'd had a few thats why YOU cant remember:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
3 Sleeps Geo:thumb:

:Blush::Blush: oops did I, apologies to christopher but i genuinely can't remember, and as far as I know I wasn't drunk, but then I can't remember that either:Blush:

3 sleeps, sweet dreams::bigsmile:

potjoe

Free Member
Aug 27, 2007
Telford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
two year
Hi

Hi Chris, would have liked to have gone on this but think may be to Hot for us.

:Cool::Cool::Cool:

A

AngieandNick

Deleted User
Poland 2010

Hi Ruth

We'd be interested. We have talked of travelling to Poland but are fairly new and haven't travelled abroad yet (hopefully September) so the idea of group travel sounds comforting!! We have a Mohican - all of 24ft.... is this ok?

Angie and Nick:Eeek:

Doneromin

Free Member
Jul 30, 2009
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Swift-Kontiki
Exp
8 yrs
Poland

Hi All
Anyone interested in going to Poland , Auschwitz this Sept. betwen 8th-22nd, (can adjust if need to) We have done many trips including- France Italy Spain but we would feel safer having company in going to Poland.
Interested ? contact me through the members contact link.:thumb:

chrismacgowan

Free Member
Mar 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2005
Poland august 2010

Dear Angie and Nick

Because Ruth had to pull out of the trip I have over the idea and am planning to put together an intersting itinerary. Each person would make their own reservations but we would all travel together as a group. We would love to have you on board (four definites so far) so do drop me a line to christopher@christophermacgowan.com at some point.

Sincerely

Christopher

Hi Ruth

We'd be interested. We have talked of travelling to Poland but are fairly new and haven't travelled abroad yet (hopefully September) so the idea of group travel sounds comforting!! We have a Mohican - all of 24ft.... is this ok?

Angie and Nick:Eeek:

chrismacgowan

Free Member
Mar 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2005
Poland august 2010

Many thanks for the interest shown in this very exciting visit to Poland. Do drop me a line at christopher@christophermacgowan.com if you would like to join. We will collectively decide on sites and ferries, then each person will make their own bookings and we will all travel together.

Christopher

Kayold

Free Member
Oct 23, 2011
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year M/H, caravans 20+ yrs
Looking through some old posts and found this one and wondered if the trip went ahead?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back