Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
That was my idea cb are cheap and cost effective and mostly legal
the only thing I can't get round is ground plain problem and I will not stick a big steel plate to roof
Anybody recommend a good antenna that does not require a ground plain

Well i was looking at this rig as its easy to set for each country and stay legal - but there must be others like it...
Link Removed

but that site has lots of aerial options - like mirror mounts etc.....worth a look?

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have a Cobra multi standard cb in the van, with a mini whip on the bike rack on the back. Works fine but practically nobody on cb these days. Still good for convoys though and much better than PMR though we do have a couple of PMRs for reversing etc.
There is also a 2M/70cm dual band antenna on the bike rack, its good on 2M but crap on 70cm.

A linear amp on CB is as stated illegal, it's also pretty pointless as it won't help you hear the other side of a conversation, unless the other person has one too.:roflmto:

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
I have a Cobra multi standard cb in the van, with a mini whip on the bike rack on the back. Works fine but practically nobody on cb these days. Still good for convoys though and much better than PMR though we do have a couple of PMRs for reversing etc.
There is also a 2M/70cm dual band antenna on the bike rack, its good on 2M but crap on 70cm.

A linear amp on CB is as stated illegal, it's also pretty pointless as it won't help you hear the other side of a conversation, unless the other person has one too.:roflmto:

I was on AM cb before it became legal, i learned how to make aerials and we all used burners....not that i advocate anyone should do anything illegal of course :RollEyes:

however, yes youre right about the burner - unless everyone has them!

If nobody is on these days, that should be great for comms :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back