Plymouth to France best options pls (1 Viewer)

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Got to have our first hab check and some warranty work done at the end of June so thinking of tieing this in with a trip to France, Wife would love to do Brittney (the place)
Our dealers in Somerset so am thinking Plymouth, however don't mind Portsmouth if that's better
Any advice on ferries/routes welcome or other suggestions
Thks

blueneil

Free Member
May 2, 2016
sale cheshire
Funster No
MH
swift lifestyle 686
Exp
10 years
hiya gorse hill (hope your not a utd fan :cool:)sorry cant help you on your route but if you've need someone to do Brittney (not the place) my hands up:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
Hi, I would say that Plymouth-Roscoff with Brittany Ferries is definitely your best bet for crossing to Brittany. It's an easy run down on the M5/A38 from Somerset. Hope you have a wonderful trip.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Plymouth to Roscoff on the 10 pm crossing is nice if you get a cabin. You wake up in Brittany.
I find Portsmouth to Caen a bit tedious as it takes all day. Last year we left home in Bristol 8 am, got to Oisterrham (sorry spelling) 10 pm.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
If you book your Habitation Check for a Thursday, you can drive down to Plymouth and stay on the dock free overnight and catch the 8.00am Friday morning ferry. (or the Thursday night one if you've got your sea legs for sleeping).

OP
OP
Gorse Hill

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
hiya gorse hill (hope your not a utd fan :cool:)sorry cant help you on your route but if you've need someone to do Brittney (not the place) my hands up:)
Born on Seymour grove and lived on Warwick Road before moving to Clyne Street so a united fan, am guessing your a bitter from your username
(y)

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Born on Seymour grove and lived on Warwick Road before moving to Clyne Street so a united fan, am guessing your a bitter from your username
(y)
That's my manor! Just off Kings Road (Auburn Rd), went to Seymour Park then Stretford Grammar. Ended up in Gloucestershire but still a Red.

That wasn't why I posted though. I wanted to say that you may have problems going for a hab check/service then on holiday as dealers expect you to have empty cupboards when you drop the van off with them. We would need a second van to put our stuff in!

Terry and Jan

Free Member
Feb 25, 2014
Saltash,Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
I always return Roscoff to Plymouth, call in and see Fred at Wine warehouse in Roscoff, the ferry over in the afternoon, 20 minutes after exiting ferry in Plymouth on my driveway in Saltash.....'Simples!'

OP
OP
Gorse Hill

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
That's my manor! Just off Kings Road (Auburn Rd), went to Seymour Park then Stretford Grammar. Ended up in Gloucestershire but still a Red.

That wasn't why I posted though. I wanted to say that you may have problems going for a hab check/service then on holiday as dealers expect you to have empty cupboards when you drop the van off with them. We would need a second van to put our stuff in!
Good point didn't think of that and the amount of crap the wife takes could be a big problem, will check with them tomorrow what I could do to help them out
Was initially going to take it the week before but thought whilst I was down there (250 miles) I might as well shoot off to France, Thks for the heads up
Stretford Grammer no one from Gorse Hill Junior went there we all failed our 11plus went to the thickos school Lostock
Scored a screamer as a kid when we played Seymour while playing for the school team (never happened again in the next 20yrs of playing that's why I remember it) the school still there but not a grammer and the upper school was at the bottom of our street clyne st but that's long gone same as Greatstone School which was across the road when you were there
Morrisey (the smiths) lived on kings road, your in good company
Once a red always a red

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
We have just done Poole to Cherbourg very pleased with it cheers Rod

OP
OP
Gorse Hill

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Probably not... it appears he actually lives in Manchester. :whistle:

CTID.

JJ :cool:
Unfortunately not now JJ, close but not close enough
Still lived there for over half my life todate so still hanging on to being a Manc, of which like yourself proud off

UTID

Reactions: JJ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back