Plymouth ferry terminal (1 Viewer)

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Just a quick one, we are catching the ferry to Roscoff next month, and because it leaves early in the morning, we are intending to overnight in the check in lanes. Has anyone done this recently? Like to hear experiences, good or bad.

I've had a quick trawl through old threads, but I couldn't find any recent ones.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Yes, no problem at all to over-night in the check in lanes. I have found that parking to the right of the lanes a little quieter than parking to the left. Brittany Ferries like you to arrive after the last evening ferry has departed.
Someone from Brittany Ferries usually taps on your door when the first check-in booth has opened as a 'wake up call' :D

Reactions: f6c

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
As an alternative there is a place just before Plymouth on the A38 where you can overnight. It is beside the road but there is an earth bank between it and the A38 so road noise isn't too bad. It is about fifteen minutes at most from the terminal and might be useful if you arrive earlier in the evening and need to either wait until the last ferry has gone (which might be ten o'clock) or stay there overnight.
https://goo.gl/maps/TpBtjpksMZ72
and
https://goo.gl/maps/GR3v8Q3M9UH2
To find it, after the turnoff for Lee Mill take the next one shortly afterwards, signed Smithaleigh at the top of the hill and then keep driving parallel to the A38.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
@DBK I saw a previous thread where you suggested that location, I have popped the coords into our sat nav as a backup. (y)

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back