Free Member
May 26, 2009
Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
Funster No
Exp
next monday hopefully
More advice please
OK sorted out a new leisure battery all charged up and ready to go,
all the lights OK,the meter reads fully charged but the plug sockets x2 and fridge don't work unless its hooked up is this normal ??
PS the pump also only works on hook up
oddjob

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
hi Oddjob

I assume when you say plugs you mean 12v and not the 240 ones i only ask because i know someone who thought they would work even without mains hookup:ROFLMAO:.

I am no expert but will give a couple of suggestions.

Fridge if your talking about 12v i think it only works when engine is running so when stopped you need to use mains or gas.

Sockets not working could be a fuse but with pump not working also do you have a master switch we have one at back door that switches sockets of.

Do the sockets work when on hook up that would at least let you know they work.

Now im sure someone who knows what they are talking about will be here soon.
Gerry

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
as Gerry said......
but the pump only works on 12v even on hookup.........so if it works ok on hookup (via the charger) it will work on 12v...cant work on hookup alone.

2 pin (12v) sockets work on 12v whether on 230v hookup (via charger) or 12v battery

3 pin sockets only work on hookup (230v)

fridge only works on 12v with the engine running otherwise gas / hookup when on site...unless its a compressor fridge.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
oddjob

oddjob

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
Funster No
Exp
next monday hopefully
Thanks Gerry
Sockets not working could be a fuse but with pump not working also do you have a master switch we have one at back door that switches sockets of.
Yes the master switch is located as you walk in through the door
Do the sockets work when on hook up that would at least let you know they work.
Yes
Fridge if your talking about 12v i think it only works when engine is running so when stopped you need to use mains or gas.
I did say in my first ever post get ready for silly questions,and they'll be more
oddjob

OP
OP
oddjob

oddjob

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
Funster No
Exp
next monday hopefully
as Gerry said......
but the pump only works on 12v even on hookup.........so if it works ok on hookup (via the charger) it will work on 12v...cant work on hookup alone.

2 pin (12v) sockets work on 12v whether on 230v hookup (via charger) or 12v battery

3 pin sockets only work on hookup (230v)

fridge only works on 12v with the engine running otherwise gas / hookup when on site...unless its a compressor fridge.
cheers to both you,much clearer now,you lot will just have to bare with me
oddjob

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
no problem mate, ask away.....we all knew nowt when we started but you soon learn.:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
No probs oddjob

As i was told the only silly questions are the ones not asked and i can assure you i ask some silly ones.

Gerry

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Oddjob,

From your avatar it looks like your van is a bigger version of our smaller (but perfectly formed) Autoquest 100 :Smile:

I agree with the answers which John & Gerry have provided.

Any further questions please fire away.

Graham

OP
OP
oddjob

oddjob

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
Funster No
Exp
next monday hopefully
Any further questions please fire away.

Well here you are then ,
After buying a new tv for the motorhome 12volt/230volt been out in the road trying it out(plugs),And it has come to my attention that the status 315 is totally useless,
The auto tuner in the house finds all the channels ,but in the motorhome cant find anything ,apart from ripping from the roof what do you suggest???
oddjob

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Well here you are then ,
After buying a new tv for the motorhome 12volt/230volt been out in the road trying it out(plugs),And it has come to my attention that the status 315 is totally useless,
The auto tuner in the house finds all the channels ,but in the motorhome cant find anything ,apart from ripping from the roof what do you suggest???
oddjob

We've sometimes been able to pick up signals using the status 315 but it is very dependant on location. Initially we bought a directional aerial with fittings to enable us to mount it on the van wall. Subsequently bought a camping satellite kit from Aldi (similar to those sold by Maplins and Lidl) and find that much better.

Graham

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back