Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
I recently bought a 500w oil filled rad and a plug in thermostat to regulate the heat at a constant temperature.

Well, that was the plan............ the thermostat (Timeguard ET05) resets itself to 20 degrees after a few hours, which is no help at all!!

Finally got through to Timeguard today and they told me it is a known fault when the unit is used with a heater under 3kw and "all their stock has been quarantined and they are in discussions with the manufacturer in China".

The only advice they could offer was to put the radiator on a timer and contact them again mid to late January.

Has anyone out there got the same problem or am being fobbed off??

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
I recently bought a 500w oil filled rad and a plug in thermostat to regulate the heat at a constant temperature.

Well, that was the plan............ the thermostat (Timeguard ET05) resets itself to 20 degrees after a few hours, which is no help at all!!

Finally got through to Timeguard today and they told me it is a known fault when the unit is used with a heater under 3kw and "all their stock has been quarantined and they are in discussions with the manufacturer in China".

The only advice they could offer was to put the radiator on a timer and contact them again mid to late January.

Has anyone out there got the same problem or am being fobbed off??

Is it still under guarantee
If you have the reciept then take it back to the place of purchase with the written confirmation from the manufacturer. The seller is responsible for the warranty not the manufacturer. These are your statutary rights.

Phill

OP
OP
Redjumpa

Redjumpa

Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
Is it still under guarantee
If you have the reciept then take it back to the place of purchase with the written confirmation from the manufacturer. The seller is responsible for the warranty not the manufacturer. These are your statutary rights. Phill

Thanks for that Phil.

My only invoice / proof of purchase is my Paypal receipt.

Do you know if this counts (in law) as proof of purchase?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
There are all manner of ways to demonstrate proof of purchase. As Phill says just tell them to give you youre money back (please) with immediate effect .

Cheers
Jim :Smile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
If purshased recently, and seller will not refund, just instigate a chargeback. As faulty unfit for purpose.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I dont know what you paid for that Rad plusthe gadget but most 700W oil filled rads about £15-£20 Argos or BQ come with a built in thermostat and are fully self regulating:Eeek:
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for that Phil.

My only invoice / proof of purchase is my Paypal receipt.

Do you know if this counts (in law) as proof of purchase?

according to the bloke on ITV breakfast TV you dont need a reciept just proof of purchase.
a bank statement with the transaction will do so i dont see why a paypal invoice would be any different.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back