rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Have any of you spent any time at the Plitvice Lakes in Croatia and is it possible to freecamp, maybe in their carpark for a couple of days or somewhere nearby

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I don't know if your answers will be in these but they might make interesting reading anyway.
It's a lovely place to visit.

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
We went last October, but stayed in the campsite in the town a few miles north. The reception sold entrance tickets including bus transfers to/from the campsite.

The park estimates for the time taken to walk the various paths are VERY conservative. Having said that busloads of Japanese tourists going in the opposite direction made walking the paths a bit of a chore. But don't let that put you off. The park is fantastic.

Cheers...Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Free camping was difficult when we were in Croatia 11 years ago. I understand that it is more difficult now.

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
We were driving and visited last year, because we were staying in an onsite hotel we could buy our ticket the night before and were able to be in as soon as the park opened.

We were blessed with the most wonderful weather, walked all day and then had the benefit of the most glorious thunderstorm together with massive lightning flashes visible from our room and over the park.

I'd highly recommend it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back