Please some one dumped the toad for a trailer (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Think the simple way when in Spain will be to leave toad at home, take leccy bikes, use local buses and the occasional cheap hire car. Sorted :thumb:

Unless you can think of a better way !!

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
I may be wrong, but Spain always seems to make the rules up as they go along and individual policeman then have there own take on it, oh and whats this european law thing, dosn't apply doe's it thats what always stopped me buying in Spain.

All the best Rick

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We in uk are the only soft sods that comply with EU law :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We all have our own needs and preferences. We tow a toad (now chevrolet Matiz, instead of Smart) in the UK as parking MH is a problem and sites are usually miles from anywhere. We don't bother in France as there are usually Aires in/near towns and parking is usually available.

BTW I have trouble reversing the toad, but then I have trouble reversing a short trailer as well. The bigger the trailer the easier it is to reverse.:RollEyes:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Now I did not say who it was Rick

Ok I just bought a Brian James Trailer, two reasons one the dealer in me couldn't resist a good deal, but more to the point I want a trailer to take my Corvette with me, apart from the fact it's automatic there is no way an A frame would go on it nor would I put one on.

In answer to Roger no I am not selling the A frame as I have an option of both.

Should I sell the Berlingo then I would sell it complete.

I have many years ago delivered cars all over europe with a non braked A frame, I have towed using dollys and ambulances, all of which are probably now ilegal.

I sure don't want to enter into an argument over what is and is not ilegal methods of towing or for that matter which licence is needed for which vehicle (and that is my job) or which RV is running around claimimg to be 7.5 ton gross when really weighing in at closer to ten ton, they do exist I saw a few when I looking to buy.

The old saying is you pays your money and takes your chance, some will break the law knowingly others not knowing.

So now you know it's my fault for buying a trailer.

All the best Rick

They would never had know had you not told them Rick.. my lips were sealed.. Even Roger could not get it out of me.

Oh well...

Bob:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back