Free Member
Feb 5, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Hello All,
First post, and one in slight frustration.
I have what looks like a bar heater or pipe heater switch in the cupboard below the bench seat in my Hymercar Ducato Grand Canyon. My van is set up with a Truma ultrastore HW only and separate blown heat via an Eberspacher, both of which work fine. I have the usual Truma heater control for gas and electric above the sliding door with the twin temp settings. The switch in question works only on 12v and the feed disappears below the Truma, however, I'm not sure it's connected to the Truma and may well be dropping through the floor to the waste tank. I imagined it could be a frost protection heater switch but I'm surely missing the obvious and a Funster out there will immediately know the answer.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Switch.jpg
    Switch.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 143
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Some of these switch’s defy logic don’t they, it looks to me like a cigarette smoke extractor switch....?

but I agree it’s probably a tank heater? But at least I’ve move the thread up..?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
it will be the tank heater

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

Duckstrangler

Free Member
Feb 5, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks, both; yes I think it must be the waste tank heater, I also notice a slight drop in volts when the switch is on so think we have the answer. I'll wait till the rain stops and crawl under to see if the lead drops into the tank. Not mentioned at handover or in the half-inch thick Hymercar manual, so a welcome bonus add-on I guess.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks, both; yes I think it must be the waste tank heater, I also notice a slight drop in volts when the switch is on so think we have the answer. I'll wait till the rain stops and crawl under to see if the lead drops into the tank. Not mentioned at handover or in the half-inch thick Hymercar manual, so a welcome bonus add-on I guess.
It may be interesting to ring the dealer you bought from for an explanation. Even if just to hear them squirm because they don’t know the answer!

By the way, neither do I, sorry!

OP
OP
D

Duckstrangler

Free Member
Feb 5, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
You guessed correct Maison, I’m the van‘s second owner but contacted the suppling dealer and they were clueless.
DuxDeluxe - Nah names not similar and you probably like ducks ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back