LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
my Garmin has gone tits up.......it will not let me put any new address's in or post codes
this has all happened since i downloaded the latest maps.there is a reset button on the back if i press this w ill i loose everything that's on it?

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi I have had to reset mine in the past and it lost nothing, not saying this will be the same with yours. You could plug it into your PC and save it all just incase.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Sell us Ross Barkley and use some of the money to buy a new sat nav or Android smart phone... :winky:

CTID.

JJ :Cool:

PS. Are you coming over here this year? I have a spare Tom Tom live...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
lugnutt

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
jj if everton hada one legerd player city would wont him of us.try making some of your own and stop relying on us to keep ya going

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Contact Garmin - they were pretty good when I had a similar problem. I ended up sending it to them and they replaced it - with a refurb that has lasted very well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
in effect, all the reset button does is perform a hard reboot to the software so all your data will still be there.
If the problem remains it will be corrupt software, possibly due to the latest update.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I realise this is not an answer to your immediate problem, but if you don't already have it, I recommend downloading Garmin Express from their website. This application manages the Garmin and enables you to back up your data to the PC as well as controlling downloads of new map and traffic data etc. Then, if you have any problems, you can restore from the previous working local backup rather than having to download everything again.
(I am assuming Garmin Express is available for a PC, but I haven't checked their website - it works well on a Mac.)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back