Please don't answer questions with things like (1 Viewer)

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Jim..... Please can we have a raspberry emoji so I can send it to Nanniemate.
Tongue Out GIF by MOODMAN

Here ya go.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I know to correct a spelling on here is ā€œnot cricketā€ but I always thought it was FUBAR
I think thats educational rather pedantic and have no idea how its spelt as i have never heard of it. I can guess what it means though

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
The cold weather has stopped my brain working, but what does RTFM stand for please.
Read The Flipping Manual [other F words are available, such as Flaming!] Or as my former Religious Studies [known as the Gand], 'It's a dirty 4 letter word that ends in 'ck'.Still not got it? I'll absolutely give it away, then, 2nd letter is 'u'. Of course the answer is 'Muck' ... :rolleyes: :LOL: :rolleyes:

Steve

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
The "+Quote" means you can select multiple responses to include in your reply.

As for the blue circle that's a trade secret so send copious quantities of cash or beer! ;)
Simply a print screen and add the circle in picture editing software.
Only just managed to do the quote so if I need a ā€circleā€ doing I will forward the necessary cash/beer (y) ;)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Quite Often is the wrong term I think, sometimes is better.

Had a newbies first response to a genuine question the other day

Are you 596?

Could that get any ruder or sound any more cliquey?
I have done a search but i must be thick what dose it mean
bill

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I have done a search but i must be thick what dose it mean
bill
596 was the name of someone who had a particular style of posting, which was "different" and used fishing lines to which he/she caught many

SOme of it was really quite funny if you didnt take it seriously

DO a search for posts started by him/her

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
596 was the name of someone who had a particular style of posting, which was "different" and used fishing lines to which he/she caught many

SOme of it was really quite funny if you didnt take it seriously

DO a search for posts started by him/her
Must be a band member now with luck or the dregs from facts
bill

Jul 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Please don't answer questions with things like

This has been done to death
You're the 10th Person to ask this week
Use the search and you'll find loads of ...
Google is your friend.

The person who has plucked up the courage to ask the question, will feel like they have just wasted your time, they'll feel bad, and it certainly puts people off posting.

You shouldn't care if the question has been asked 500 times before, it should still be answered like it's the first time you've seen it. Some people take ages to pluck up the courage to post here and when they finally do, some of those go on to be prolific posters and can become virtual and real fiends. I count people as good friends now who certainly would never have joined this place if people were thoughtlessly rude to them on their first few days here.

If you can't be bothered to come up with a friendly welcoming answer, please don't bother responding at all, someone else will.

Hello, we have discussed this a lot recently, take a look here, That should answer your question, if it doesn't, pop back here and ask away. (y)
If people didn't ask the same questions on forums ,the forums would peeter out

Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
[peers into crystal ball]

One day in the not too distant future the forum software will include an AI capable of providing all the right answers instantaneously. :cool:
I've written this before

If you want a question answered quickly
1- join a forum
2 - ask your question
3 - join the forum again with a different username and answer it incorrectly

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
I joined the forum almost 2 years before we committed to spending our hard earned cash on our first and so far only Mh. We knew absolutely nothing about Mhs. I apologised for asking daft questions. I never received one single glib reply, which if I had done may have discouraged me from asking any more questions, which in turn may almost certainly have stopped us from purchasing a Mh or at the very least buying a van the right van which ticked all our boxes and possibly throwing in the towel after our first season.
You can only learn so much from reading Mh mags, you certainly can't ask questions and get a dozen replies within the hour.
There's a lot of members I'd love to meet but probably won't ever get the chance to put a face to a name.
Long may motorhomefun continue, thanks for the help to climb that steep learning curve and have the confidence to make our largest purchase after our home. :clap2:

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
I joined the forum almost 2 years before we committed to spending our hard earned cash on our first and so far only Mh. We knew absolutely nothing about Mhs. I apologised for asking daft questions. I never received one single glib reply, which if I had done may have discouraged me from asking any more questions, which in turn may almost certainly have stopped us from purchasing a Mh or at the very least buying a van the right van which ticked all our boxes and possibly throwing in the towel after our first season.
You can only learn so much from reading Mh mags, you certainly can't ask questions and get a dozen replies within the hour.
There's a lot of members I'd love to meet but probably won't ever get the chance to put a face to a name.
Long may motorhomefun continue, thanks for the help to climb that steep learning curve and have the confidence to make our largest purchase after our home. :clap2:
Ditto mešŸ‘

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Quite Often is the wrong term I think, sometimes is better.

Had a newbies first response to a genuine question the other day

Are you 596?

Could that get any ruder or sound any more cliquey?
Wonder what happened to 596...šŸ˜† BUSBY.

May 23, 2021
Beds.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Harmony
Exp
Since 2021...
I asked my first newbie question about a week ago and felt very welcomed. Since then, I've subscribed and been checking in the forum chat regularly.....so thank you!

Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
My first question was about a leaky water tank , nobody took the Mick thankfully , I was faffing about with the bung for days trying to get it to seal

Turned out a previous owner had bodged it , rather than tightening the screw that holds the spigot in to seal it they'd just filled it from underneath with silicone which dripped constantly

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
I'm pretty sure he was banned but don't know why? He was certainly a prolific poster in the nine months he was a member !
Screenshot_20210601-230727.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back