Free Member
Feb 20, 2013
Milford Haven
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2011
Just returned from a couple of weeks touring Devon and Cornwall. Got lost quite a few times, even with the satnav and 2.5 Miles to the inch maps! Some of it due to my navigator (SWMBO) who can't read a map to save her life but mostly the road signs being obscured by undergrowth which has become overgrowth ! I thought we had some narrow roads and steep hills in Pembrokeshire but they can't compare with where I went, along the North coast from Minehead right to Lands End and back along the South coast to Plymouth. But a great trip, friendly people and magnificent scenery. I won't go abroad again until I've seen more of this great island we live on.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I will have a word with Rangitira,, he has plenty of time on his hands..

I`m sure he would nip round one morning and trim them up.. ;):LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Yes I see countless places where the hedges have been trimmed back using the tractor mounted devices which have to stop short of contacting the signposts thereby allowing the hedge to continue to grow either side, obscuring the sign! Extremely dangerous in some cases. :wait:

Wyn

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It's the farmers around here who cut the hedges and verges.

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Bird Nesting season runs from 1st March to 31st July so farmers won't generally cut the hedgerows along the roadside that they're responsible for until August.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i,m not really in the country but got a warning a few years ago for cutting back my hedge that was sticking out over a pavement . by the local council.
mind have had them for not cutting it back as well.
soon be lovely they will start cutting soon .

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
It's the little birdies, sitting in their nest, the young fledgelings, they are the buggers that are scratching your pride and joy. The PC Pillocks who know more about farming than Farmers are to blame!
Trim you hedges before August and you have the Greenees climbing all over your Tractor,

AND the Cornwall Council? Cash strapped! seeing this a way of not cutting hedges :doh:

Tweet! tweet! tweet!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back