Please check out this website for me. (1 Viewer)

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
This is a live Google map so please use it zoom in and out as well as plane your route to us. Safe Journey.

The new heliport ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Hi Jim,

It looks real great and you really touched my Dutch soul when stating the price and than offering me a rebate :thumb:

One suggestion though, on the continent we have a lot of "Aires" priced between zero and Euro 10 (depending on services available) and the greater part of them are combined in Points of Interest files downloadable for use in SatNav systems. I have not seen something alike for the British "CL's". I am sure that when i offer something like that on the Dutch Camperforum it would be much appreciated and used.

Maybe something alike exists.... but i have not found it yet :cry:

Something negative as well (sorry)
Cannot see whether dogs are allowed and nothing is stated about WiFi

Thanks for sharing

Paul and Ineke

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks for all your comments, it should be free of typos now. I have also made reference to the size of motorhome we can handle which is 38ft , yes dogs are more than welcome with good walks on and off site.

To clarify the cost and access. The site is not open to the public it's for Funsters only. It's £6 for any Funster, and £5 for subscribing Funsters.

:Eeek:Yes it will take many years to refund the costs all the earthworks, terracing and the building an 500m road through the field cost a small fortune, just the hardcore alone came to £4000 :Eeek: I reckon each pitch needs around 280 nights at £5 to pay for itself so we won't see a return in this decade:Smile: Clearly we did not build it as a business, we built it so funsters can come and see us and enjoy the lovely rural location. We look forward to seeing you. :Smile::thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
So sorry, but still dont understand this, blame it on me being Dutch :cry:

Why can i not use any camping place/site en route ??

Paul and Ineke
UK legislation allows sites for up to 5 motorhomes and/or caravans at a time, without need for a site licence, if they hold a certificate issued by "an exempted organisation". The main exempted organisations are the Caravan Club, Camping & Caravanning Club and Motor Caravan Club. There are a number of smaller organisations, including Fun for which Jim obtained exempted organisation status. Only members of the exempted organisation issuing the certificate are allowed to use the sites.

One suggestion though, on the continent we have a lot of "Aires" priced between zero and Euro 10 (depending on services available) and the greater part of them are combined in Points of Interest files downloadable for use in SatNav systems. I have not seen something alike for the British "CL's". I am sure that when i offer something like that on the Dutch Camperforum it would be much appreciated and used.

Maybe something alike exists.... but i have not found it yet :cry:
The Caravan Club has a downloadable set of PoIs for their CLs on their web site. The Camping & Caravanning Club is currently revamping the PoI set for their CSs (though earlier sets may be available elsewhere).

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Good clean site Jim, easy to navigate and not over powering, Just what I need for mine as it is old and getting cluttered.

One day:ROFLMAO:

All the best Rick

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Good clean site Jim, easy to navigate and not over powering, Just what I need for mine as it is old and getting cluttered.

One day:ROFLMAO:

All the best Rick

Hi Rick, if you want a website designing/building/hosting please let me know, I can do that at a very reasonable price:thumb:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
site

hey there,well done jim & sian.looks a great little site,awesome views:thumb:your hard work is certainly evident.if we are down that way we will certainly call you:thumb:regards brian jo and josh:winky:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Great web site Jim and easy to link to and navigate around and it give all the necessary info about the area to tempt people to come and visit. It downloaded very quickly via my mobile phone link which is very important to people on the move - so many are so busy it needs good access to wi fi broadband to use.

Just one thing though I see from that Sian and all the family speak Welsh - except Jim - you really ought to learn - you never know what they are saying or planning while you just keep nodding and smiling in agreement :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I am saddened that you have not included JJ beast in the sites webpage.

Surely this must be one on the most famous camping van in the UK?

Lovely site Jim and i will come and stay when I get a chance.

Tommy_harry

Free Member
May 30, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2 days
Jim,

On the how to find us page there is a "\" lurking at the end of 'safe journey' in the google interacive map section.

Des

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back