Please can anyone help with some electrical info? (1 Viewer)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Thanks for your help! My first thought was an earth issue. I've just finished re-wiring a 1971 beach buggy which was fraught with earthing problems. Finding the earth mounts on a buggy is very easy. Think it's time to crawl under the Lunar.
It won't be that type of earth fault the habitation electrics don't use the chassis as an earth return. The earth's are run from each appliance back to the battery or distribution unit.
Thanks Phil, I had one split on my previous m/h. The current ones are absolutely solid. Took the battery out yesterday to Halfords and they ran tests and pronounced it all good. I double checked the clamps when I put it all back together.
That type of test is meaningless on a leisure battery, they will have done a starter battery test (CCA) a battery can pass with flying colours and be totally useless as a leisure battery.

Nov 13, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30 years
Thanks Geoff, excellent advice. All the pipe in my m/h is uniQuick 12 x 1.5 semi-rigid pipe. I need to find a supplier that will have adaptors from push-fit to 13mm threaded as per the Shurflo connectors.
Hi Mike

The pump will come supplied with screw on barbed connectors. From there add at least 300mm of flexible hose. To connect the flexible hose to your existing 12mm hard plastic pipe you will requires straight push fit connectors and 1/2inch barbed to push fit adaptors, these are all readily available from your caravan shop. Adaptors are Whale and you need the green rather than the white.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mike Lawrence
Feb 20, 2012
Southbourne, Bournemouth.
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 712SB
Exp
15 years
I got fed up with wires to the taps failing and fitted a Shureflo pump. Easy for me fitted it in the double floor.
Thanks for the info Lenny, new Shurflo arriving today. Just need to figure out the connection from the pump connectors to the Uniquick 12mm semi-rigid pipework. fingers crossed. (y) 🤞

OP
OP
Mike Lawrence
Feb 20, 2012
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 712SB
Exp
15 years
Hi Mike

The pump will come supplied with screw on barbed connectors. From there add at least 300mm of flexible hose. To connect the flexible hose to your existing 12mm hard plastic pipe you will requires straight push fit connectors and 1/2inch barbed to push fit adaptors, these are all readily available from your caravan shop. Adaptors are Whale and you need the green rather than the white.

Geoff
Fantastic Geoff, thank you!!! Soon as the pump arrives I'm off to the caravan shop.

OP
OP
Mike Lawrence
Feb 20, 2012
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 712SB
Exp
15 years
Yep. With a 998 Cooper engine. Great fun but lousy brakes and it leaked like a sieve. I built it in 1979 to transport goats and animal feed.
::bigsmile: about par for the course with a kit car. The buggy has more screw holes than a Swiss cheese, so been busy filling those as well as rewiring.
98EEDE83-D81A-4F1E-8120-E81FC9188B7C.jpeg

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Fantastic Geoff, thank you!!! Soon as the pump arrives I'm off to the caravan shop.
Ambrow trailers, Barrack Road will be your nearest place, although Wimborne caravans holds loads more stock. The shurflo pumps usually come with 1/2inch to barbed connectors in the box. Push fit connectors probably any of the local plumbers merchants

Nov 13, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30 years
Won't an accumulator be needed with the pump?
I have never had one of those accumulators on any of my vans with diaphragm pumps and never felt the need. I know they can be helpful with bad installations, by damping out pulsing.

Geoff

OP
OP
Mike Lawrence
Feb 20, 2012
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 712SB
Exp
15 years
Ambrow trailers, Barrack Road will be your nearest place, although Wimborne caravans holds loads more stock. The shurflo pumps usually come with 1/2inch to barbed connectors in the box. Push fit connectors probably any of the local plumbers merchants
Hi Geoff,
Thanks for all your advice (and all the other Funsters of course (y)).
Got all the parts from Wimbourne and fitted the pump this morning. All works perfectly, even the loo!! Ran a heavy-duty cable from the under-seat charging system along the chassis and up through the floor at the rear. Used the original pump switch on the panel to control the relay for the heavier load and everything sprang to life. Even though the Shurflo is slightly less LPM than the Reich the pressure is much better. Great shower and the loo flushes much more effectively. Well pleased! :cool:(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back