Please be aware of how noisy your TV can be (1 Viewer)

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
One of my biggest grumbles regarding loud sounds on a camp site is the fact the the early risers on a site think that it's perfectly acceptable to make any noise they like in the morning, its far more inconsiderate that loud TVs could ever be.

My very first night on a site in the 60s had my dad rising at 6am to a group of people having a very loud conversation right outside our motorhome, they could have awakened the dead & then couldn't see what they'd done wrong, one of them said "they were standing there so that they didn't awaken HIS wife or children!!!"

Consideration for all other site users is the name of the game, so just because your an early riser does not give you the right to make a rabble in the morning, equally the late to bed folks should have respect for those who like to turn in early.

Deleted User
One of my biggest grumbles regarding loud sounds on a camp site is the fact the the early risers on a site think that it's perfectly acceptable to make any noise they like in the morning, its far more inconsiderate that loud TVs could ever be.

My very first night on a site in the 60s had my dad rising at 6am to a group of people having a very loud conversation right outside our motorhome, they could have awakened the dead & then couldn't see what they'd done wrong, one of them said "they were standing there so that they didn't awaken HIS wife or children!!!"

Consideration for all other site users is the name of the game, so just because your an early riser does not give you the right to make a rabble in the morning, equally the late to bed folks should have respect for those who like to turn in early.

And the afternoon nappers :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
It's a good job I prefer really wild camping as my latest canine acquisition is a young Mastiff with a really sonorous voice which she exercises quite readily!

Deleted User
Don't really see the difference between raised voices and noisy TVs at any time of day if it encroaches onto other pitches and affects the occupants. On camp sites some amount of noise is to be expected and so should consideration for others.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I have a large TV flush mounted in an external locker, ARC linked through a HDMI distribution system that allows one, two or all three of the large flat screen TV's via the internal surround sound and or the waterproof external speakers, all factory fitted and App controlled

Fantastic for International rugby matches, and you'd be surprised how many people wander over with a few tinnies and a chair when the game is on!

As for disturbing anyone else? I am always considerate and whilst I haven't been asked to be quiet for a long time, I am of the opinion that requests like volume controls work both ways!

Polite and reasonable, elicits an immediate apology and remedial action taken. Rude and aggressive gets a laugh and a demonstration of just how loud it "Could be!" ;)

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
People with sliding doors always seem to get up so early, that’s only my experience.
I do, 5 am is good for a walking open that sliding door and make sure I only have to shut it once by ensuring it is firmly and forcefully shut......im sure you wouldn't wish me to try twice ;)

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
That would be so anti-social, you should use a Fender or a Yamaha at the very least!
Nah.....Rickenbaker 4003 bass and a couple of Orange cabinets would be better.......

:rock:

Sep 22, 2017
Funster No
All noise is okay, so long as it is not inconsiderate. We all have the right to be noisy but also, the ability to be quiet and and considerate. I think excessive inconsiderate noise is a vague form of bullying and I think thats the main problem I have always had with it.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
A few years ago, some Germans pitched up next to us and fully took the p*** for 3 days. Noise was one of the problems.

So on their last night, I took a pee behind their van, all over their pipes and extension cables.

We smiled politely as we watched them wind up the pipes and cables by hand :clap2:

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
A few years ago, some Germans pitched up next to us and fully took the p*** for 3 days. Noise was one of the problems.

So on their last night, I took a pee behind their van, all over their pipes and extension cables.

We smiled politely as we watched them wind up the pipes and cables by hand :clap2:

I’d rather have a noisy person pitched next to me than the sort of disgusting disrespectful person that would piss up my van and on my cables.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I’d rather have a noisy person pitched next to me than the sort of disgusting disrespectful person that would piss up my van and on my cables.
Probably no worse than the Germans had been doing to his stuff for the past 3 days! :ROFLMAO:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
As a new Motorhomer with a TV on board it's great to be aware of this before we get visits from the 'neighbours'!
Do folk have other advice on 'don't do; for newbies? Or should I try and start a new thread?
Thanks
Some say “don’t drink with Dux”

Don’t believe them.......:whistle2:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Absolutely
People with sliding doors always seem to get up so early, that’s only my experience.
Not me - for sure
AKA idiots lantern.
What a snobbish elitist attitude (n).

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I don’t get the getting up early on holidays, it’s like getting up for work and what you do normally. They might as well stay at home with the coronation street lot. Haha

OP
OP
V
Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion

When our children were younger we went camping in Brittany. The first night the twenty year olds in the next tent stayed up drinking and talking till well past the early hours. Very disturbing but we said nothing. Next morning our two children were playing outside. The occupants of the next door tent complained vociferously, and that was about 9am!
But it isn't all youngsters or twenty somethings. We stayed on the distillery aire in Gengenbach, Germany recently and a group of motorhomers and caravanners had invited their friends to arrive for a very loud late night party. They looked in their 60s and 70s. We got very little sleep.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
When our children were younger we went camping in Brittany. The first night the twenty year olds in the next tent stayed up drinking and talking till well past the early hours. Very disturbing but we said nothing. Next morning our two children were playing outside. The occupants of the next door tent complained vociferously, and that was about 9am!
... and how vociferously did you retort? :giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back