Plea to any funster for help...... (1 Viewer)

davetthedon

Free Member
Mar 25, 2009
Malvern, Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
GreatBig Bugger
Exp
Hi All
Long time no speakee, to busy to have personal internet time!!!! Work presses and all that!!
As you can see I have an Autotrail Chieftain on a 51 plate. My problem is that the hose from the fresh water tank that drops the fresh water to drain has finally given up. Its broken off just where it pops out of the wooden box end wall underneath the van. Its one of those continuous coil type pipes that once start unthreading keep going until you get to the end. Has anyone undertaken the replacement of this pipe and whats involved? The wooden box construction doesn't look too complicated, just very difficult to get at by lying on your back with 2 inches of space between your nose and the chassis. And whats going to fall on my head when I undo the bolts strapping the tank up under the chassis? Also other pipes appear to protrude from the end wall so these may be in the way if it has to come down.
Why did autotrail decide to hide the fresh water tank in this way? In other types of van you can see the tank and even work on them easily.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Can't help on this diy question, but if you decide to have it done professionally Dave Newell isn't too far away from you and has a pretty good reputation for helping people.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back