sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I have just signed up for this service, very neat solution for a more advanced streaming solution.

Playon

I already run both Plex and Channels DVR at home on my server, although I have now migrated more permanently to Channels for all my recording. We also use Netflix and Prime at home increasingly. With the previous options of roaming data we were able to stream at will when touring Europe. This freedom appears to becoming eroded with suggestions from Vodafone that roaming use will come under increasing scrutiny. So I will be reverting in part to copying recordings from channels to a 1Tb USB drive to take on our travels and thus avoid streaming over 4G from my home server.

However back to the point of this post. Playon is an app that enables you to record a mass of streaming providers content if you have a subscription. Taking Netflix as a simple example you can load Playon onto your PC, buy a life or monthly Playon sub and link your Netflix account. Then you can at will setup films, shows or even seasons to be recorded onto the PC. You can then copy those to a USB drive for use while traveling. Alternatively or in conjunction you can load the Android or Apple app and if you have Channels DVR on a home server you can link to that account, select a movie or whatever in Netflix and Channels will record it on your home server. There is a separate charge from Playon for this feature and bulk credit purchase will get as low as 12c a recording.

Explore it and see if it can work for you?

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
What else is there to do Martin, I fitted so much stuff to the van that was on my maybe list that I am running out!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
What else is there to do Martin, I fitted so much stuff to the van that was on my maybe list that I am running out!
I can sense the desperation Michael ;) I like the supersense tank mods and will copy you sometime but not convinced on the TV front.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back