Playa Tropicana with CCC rally in March? Help? (1 Viewer)

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
We are looking at staying with the CCC Rally from 2nd March to 6th April. If anyone has any experience of this rally it would be appreciated. We intend to take our time there and back, so any suggestions about somewhere to stopover for a few days en route would also be of use.

Thanks

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Watch out for the Rally obernfuhrer. We tried to book a purple pitch there this spring, site said all purple pitches with CCC. Fine we are members, they said no we do not have these pitches. After a few rounds of ping pong we agreed with the site we would have a red pitch and sort it on arrival. So got there, went with site staff to said Jobsworth. He said how long? 9 metres you won't fit in here. What about all these empty purple pitches. All booked. Well we went on red pitch just, many purple pitches in Hitler's area were still empty when we left. So good luck.

Deleted User
Watch out for the Rally obernfuhrer. We tried to book a purple pitch there this spring, site said all purple pitches with CCC. Fine we are members, they said no we do not have these pitches. After a few rounds of ping pong we agreed with the site we would have a red pitch and sort it on arrival. So got there, went with site staff to said Jobsworth. He said how long? 9 metres you won't fit in here. What about all these empty purple pitches. All booked. Well we went on red pitch just, many purple pitches in Hitler's area were still empty when we left. So good luck.

The rally block books most of the larger pitches, if you are not booked on the rally you don't get one of the rally pitches.

In the past we had to move our 5'er, with great difficulty, to a non rally pitch when the rally started in January, despite being a long standing C&CC member.

We don't do rallies so only go there now when there is no rally taking place.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
We are looking at staying with the CCC Rally from 2nd March to 6th April. If anyone has any experience of this rally it would be appreciated. We intend to take our time there and back, so any suggestions about somewhere to stopover for a few days en route would also be of use.

Thanks

There are many regulars on this rally who obviously enjoy it, if you like rallies I don't think you will be disappointed,the site is excellent and Alcossebre is very nice and not overdeveloped.

I would suggest Zaragoza if you want to visit the city which is worthwhile, bus from near the site, or Albarracin which is very picturesque, site just outside the town.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
The rally block books most of the larger pitches, if you are not booked on the rally you don't get one of the rally pitches.

In the past we had to move our 5'er, with great difficulty, to a non rally pitch when the rally started in January, despite being a long standing C&CC member.

We don't do rallies so only go there now when there is no rally taking place.
I tried to book it with CCC as I said and ended up bouncing to and fro, the site saying they did not have the purple pitches and that CCC had them all and CCC booking office telling me they did not have the large purple pitches either I could only book a generic pitch. Which as it turned out was total B*****Ks. And it was Easter so I ended up in Crèche ally!

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Enjoyed our stay there a couple of years ago, nice site spotless shower/wc blocks, supermarket on site very reasonably priced ( even locals use it) nice bar / restaurant reasonably priced, walk out of site gate across minor road onto a lovely beach. Some nice walking in area, it's also good for cycling. What's not to like I'm sure you will enjoy it. The rally stewards were great with plenty of activities, excursions, meals etc if you want to join in whenever.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back