Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
Otherwise known as the Didgeridoo
Just getting into this and the culture that surrounds it. Just getting into the circular breathing
It was supposed to have been played around the camp fire, One of the aboriginals told a story and the didge player would play the didgeridoo. The sounds are supposed to imiate the sounds of the wilderness or bush and so you will hear amimal sounds, birds, dingos howling etc

Anyone else play the didge

A beautiful girl playing one in france can be seen here

Phill

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I had a go once when we visited Glastonbury many years ago. There was someone selling them in the town, I think he made them too.
Anyway, I made a fool of myself in front of about 20 people, its not as easy as you think.
Allan

outkast

Free Member
Jan 7, 2014
potters bar
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
yes I do, been playing for some time now, I always wanted to play a musical instrument and the dig is one of the easiest to learn

This girl is good

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
A few years ago I was in Central Park in New York with Gwen and visited the John Lennon memorial. Another couple turned up and he whipped out his didgeridoo, played for a couple of minutes and then they toddled off again without speaking.
Strange.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
A few years ago I was in Central Park in New York with Gwen and visited the John Lennon memorial. Another couple turned up and he whipped out his didgeridoo, played for a couple of minutes and then they toddled off again without speaking.
Strange.

well, there are worse things to whip out than a didge ::bigsmile:

was lucky in being given a beautiful old one a few years ago, but try as i might just can't get the hang of the circular breathing thats needed to play it..
i do make noises somewhat like an elephant farting i've been told, but i shall keep trying and just maybe one day..............
does anyone give lessons?

rather fancy getting a waisted appalachian dulcimer or a hang drum, although they (hang) are massively expensive and there's a waiting list for a genuine one..:frowny:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I used to play on the linoleum as a kid. :)(y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

outkast

Free Member
Jan 7, 2014
potters bar
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
My ex, always told me to never go to her house on a Friday night as that's the night usually played her banjo, strangely enough I never saw the instrument or heard her play it, never did figure that one out :confused:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back