Planning our Scottish escape ... is Mull worth visiting? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Two \ three years ago(?) they were starting at the end of March \ middle of April 'cause the weather was so good!:eek: And that was in Glasgow!
:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!

Pick your colour. I'll have it waiting at Gretna for you.

1618657744742.png

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I did 3 weeks in September to Scotland 4 years ago, mainly hugging the coast.

Not one midge bite until we overnighted in the Lake District on the way home and they ate me alive 🤣

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I did 3 weeks in September to Scotland 4 years ago, mainly hugging the coast.

Not one midge bite until we overnighted in the Lake District on the way home and they ate me alive 🤣
Sea breeze keeps the little buggers down, except at Glen Brittle camp site on Skye where, as soon as the tide goes out they come out with chainsaws to bite lumps of you 🙀🙀👿🙀👿

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
Already shopping for a 'midge net onesie'! :giggle:
From your other thread, see you are taking Vitamin B12. That is supposed to protect against midges. Perhaps as everything is tasting “yucky” you could even try Marmite sandwiches? The little horrors love me, so one year I took yeast tablets for a week before going North and ate lots of Marmite. It may have been coincidence, but I didn’t come home looking as if I had measles!

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
Having been to Scotland on motorcycles cars and trucks, we have been soaking wet eaten alive in fact the only place we have walked into a chemist and been given cream to rub on these little red spots without asking for anything. 🤔😁

We got friendly with a couple at Rutland water, and while sitting in their small RV hearing so many stories about the Scottish islands we really wanted to visit and experience them first hand, we have been told many stories over the years about midges, they say only in this month or that month, only on the west coast not the east, and definitely not on the islands it's too windy for them. 😯
The trouble we had we went in August and was told no midges or rain 😉🤔 it seemed worse than our other attempts. 😁

I think midges holiday in Oban. 😁 Bob.
Avon calling....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
From your other thread, see you are taking Vitamin B12. That is supposed to protect against midges. Perhaps as everything is tasting “yucky” you could even try Marmite sandwiches? The little horrors love me, so one year I took yeast tablets for a week before going North and ate lots of Marmite. It may have been coincidence, but I didn’t come home looking as if I had measles!
I'm taking folic acid which is B9 so not sure if it'll have the same benefit as B12, I'll have a shuftie at yeast tablets though and when the doctor rings on Monday I'll ask her for advice too. As for Marmite ... NOT A CHANCE!!!! :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick: :LOL:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I'm taking folic acid which is B9 so not sure if it'll have the same benefit as B12, I'll have a shuftie at yeast tablets though and when the doctor rings on Monday I'll ask her for advice too. As for Marmite ... NOT A CHANCE!!!! :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick: :LOL:
Surely 9/12 is only three quarters effective! :whistle2: :getmecoat:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Go in May to the west coast the midges haven’t woken up yet and you can get lovely clear weather 👏👏👏
We went on our Goldwing in May, camping at Glen Nevis Campsite Janie let millions of midges in the tent, we sort of rolled the damp infested tent into a ball and tried in on the rack, we left at speed with nowhere to hide, 😉 after that we took our chances one night, but the following night would be bed and breakfast. 😁
Yes the midges were wide awake in May. 😂 Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back