Planning for 2018, ideas for campsites in France early January? (1 Viewer)

Dec 28, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson 627GA
Exp
Hi,

After a fantastic skiing trip to Livigno mid March, I'm starting to plan this winters adventures!

Definitely going back to Livigno in March but could do with ideas for a trip to France somewhere early January.

Looking for a location similar to Livigno in that we want to be based near to the slopes & semi lively village centre (well within 10 min walk) for intermediate/advanced skiing.

Would prefer a campsite over an aire due to the hairdryer factor for my wife & also the ability to pre book.

We have all the winter kit & it doesn't have to be France though the shorter travel time would be a plus.

Have done a search but not thrown up what I'm looking for.

So any ideas out there?

Thanks in advance

ruthiebabe

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1989
Montchavin campsite is good as it has a pretty village close by a very short stroll away and lifts up into th entire la Plagne and Les Arcs (Paradiski) area. Access contact details via tourist office or resort website They used to do a deal for site plus ski pass in low season so worth checking if they still do. Simple site but with everything you need including heated sanitation block, drying room sets. views over valley from terraced pitches.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
You could head to Valloire , there is an acsi campsite in the town, plenty to do in the resort, they have a snow Sculpture festival early in January.

The past few years they have had a really cheap season ski pass deal if you buy it before the middle of November. It used to work out about the same as a weeks ski pass about 250 euros from memory, I don't think it's on the website at the moment, worth looking out for.

Happy1

Free Member
Jan 30, 2017
Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
12 years
Site in samoens France 10 mins to town right next to lifts,
Camping Caravaneige Le Giffre

OP
OP
R
Dec 28, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson 627GA
Exp
Thanks for the ideas, very much appreciated! (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Away from the skiing areas you may have difficulties as many campsites close in September until Easter. The same goes for aires, although you can usually still overnight on them, just no facilities. Can't offer any suggestions but thought a warning might come in handy - check beforehand, don't just turn up.

Jan 16, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt low profile
Exp
Since 2016
Another vote for Samoens. Great site right next to the lifts which take you into the Grand Massif ski area. (260km)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back