Planar heater - not for motorhome but for workshop (1 Viewer)

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Has anyone bought and used one of these?

s-l1600.jpg

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=184427293809

There are a number of eBay listings for them but most seem to come from the same place in Walsall so I assume really the same seller.

If you've had experience of one I would like to hear feedback please.

And yes I do realise the exhaust must be outside the building before anyone points this out.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Good question. Love the description😄😄

Description:
Scope of application: All kinds of vehicles, wagons and trucks, heating trucks, engineering vehicles and special vehicles, low temperature start and interior defrosting and heating.
The new air heater is the second generation of upgraded products, the aircraft to maintain the original economic and fuel-efficient warming on the basis of the characteristics of an increase of remote control features to make the control operation more simple and convenient. Improved motor to increase the fixed bracket, the balance of the fan impeller rotation is more stable, reducing noise.

Easy to install, economical and convenient. Can be used as a window glass defrost, but also for the cab, studio, cabin thermal insulation services.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I have one very similar. Not from Walsall or the 4 port outputs as per your pic.
Mine was eBay seller in leicester and has a single large output on the front.
Use it in my summerhouse / man shed. Works fine, get red diesel from local supplier and operate it via an old leisure battery I took out the motorhome.
Lots of info on YouTube plus there are a few Facebook groups.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
I have one very similar. Not from Walsall or the 4 port outputs as per your pic.
Use it in my summerhouse / man shed. Works fine, get red diesel from local supplier and operate it via an old leisure battery I took out the motorhome.
Would it be big enough for a double garage?

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I have one .when on full blast it’s quite noisy, only the air rushing through the pipes though.when it’s ticking over its putting a fir bit of heat out very quietly, 8 kw version.
8mx4m shed needs to be on for an hour or so before much cheaper on red than a gas heater

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I nearly bought one but decided on the type that are not in a combined unit. The combined unit looks perfect for a variety of scenarios, but my intended use suits the other type. I am sure they all contain the same if not similar parts.

I'm sure it will be fine for your intended use and I do like to the portability of it.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
The 8Kw heaters are Chinese advertising hype as they are exactly the same in every dimensions and components as the 5Kw which again is Chinese advertising hype as they are in fact 4Kw as they are a direct copy of the Eberspacher Airtronic D4 and D4S.

OP
OP
rod_vw
Jan 17, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
That's very similar to what I have in mind but for garage/workshop. Intend putting it close to the wall and boring (core drill) a hole to the outside for the exhaust. I've fitted quite a number of Eberspachers in campers so know what to expect.

Funny you should say about the battery, it's the fact that I have just had to change the battery on the camper that's tipped financial the balance towards buying one of these heaters.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
That's very similar to what I have in mind but for garage/workshop. Intend putting it close to the wall and boring (core drill) a hole to the outside for the exhaust. I've fitted quite a number of Eberspachers in campers so know what to expect.

Funny you should say about the battery, it's the fact that I have just had to change the battery on the camper that's tipped financial the balance towards buying one of these heaters.
The Exhaust is only around 1" so does not need a big hole.. For the limited time i use mine i have it inside and Exhaust going outside. If I was to use it more regular then i would have fitted the unit outside in a covered unit and then bought just the hot air outlet into the shed. This would avoid any diesel smells etc when re-filling. I bought a longer exhaust pipe and a silencer off ebay for £10 (y)

OP
OP
rod_vw
Jan 17, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
I notice that that supplier is in Hongkong and is now charging £98.49 shipping!

I guess since BR***T we will see more of this.
More likely the cost of a container. Was $1660, now $15000? Nothing to do with B IMHO

Apr 29, 2016
Aquitaine, France
Funster No
MH
Kentucky Estro 9
Exp
23 years
Chinese Diesel vehicle air heaters - Troubleshooting & Parts sales on FaceBook is a useful resource for info on types, makes, models and problems & how to solve them. Warning! Some banter.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I notice that that supplier is in Hongkong and is now charging £98.49 shipping!

I guess since BR***T we will see more of this.
I think you’re find it’s more to do with covid. Since covid and the economic downturns all the shipping containers are in the wrong parts of the world creating a shortage of containers for shipping goods. A bit like when the trains go on strike then after all the trains are at the wrong stations and it takes a while to reshuffle the pack.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I recently bought the standard 5kw unit for my garage, which came with the larger 10 litre tank and a single outlet. I also bought an extra length of ducting, intending to route it via the tee piece that was included, but so far I just point the ducting in the general direction of where I'm working.
I have an account at a local fuel supply outlet which also sells heating oil, but I need to speak to them as my key fob only accesses the derv and red pumps and I'm keen to try it on kerosene.
As an aside, the exhaust goes through a twin brieze block wall and I bought a 40mm Toolpak core bit from Toolstation with an sds arbour for under a tenner which worked surprisingly well. I wrapped the exhaust in glass fibre tape and slipped it inside a bit of thin wall stainless tubing I had that finished it off nicely.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back