Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Hi again,
I've bought some AA beam benders to avoid having to go through the headlight adjustment job as shown by the poor bloke in the photo (found on the net) - although I have recently had to replace the dipped beam headlight which took well over an hour and involved having to remove the inner mudguard to gain access - sorry, I digress!

The diagram with the AA beam benders indicates to fit them to the top right of centre of the headlight (as in their Fig 9), but this doesn't sound right to me? Shouldn't they be fitted below the centre??
Has anyone fitted these please?

Thanks again
John:Confused:

Attachments

• headlight adjust.jpg
    headlight adjust.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 50

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi John,
That sounds correct to me, it will stop the left hand intensity of the beam and divert it more to the right. Jane :Smile:

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
I have the stick on ones bought from Halfords.

My only worry, is that mine is a Fiat and I notice that the instructions (ie where to stick the deflector on the light) are different for the peugeot boxer. Since they are fundamentally the same van it seems funny that they should have different headlights????

Doesn't inspire confidence that the instructions are correct!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Hi again,
I've bought some AA beam benders to avoid having to go through the headlight adjustment job as shown by the poor bloke in the photo (found on the net) - although I have recently had to replace the dipped beam headlight which took well over an hour and involved having to remove the inner mudguard to gain access - sorry, I digress!

The diagram with the AA beam benders indicates to fit them to the top right of centre of the headlight (as in their Fig 9), but this doesn't sound right to me? Shouldn't they be fitted below the centre??
Has anyone fitted these please?

Thanks again
John:Confused:

Park your van a few feet away from a wall where you can see the beam of your lights.

You will see the (dipped) beam reflecting up to the left (UK nearside) as you look at the wall. This "Kick up" is the area of light you want to use the deflectors to stop. Just position the reflectors over you headlights till you see this light cancelled out. This is then the right position. Then stick them on securely.
I just used to use electrical tape (much cheaper) to mask this area of light off, as all you want to do is avoid dazzling oncoming traffic which will be on your nearside (when driving on the right on the continent).:thumb:

When I lived in France we had one UK car and one French car, we used to cross regularly between UK and France with both cars and never bothered with deflectors on either, so I got out of the habit.
I can adjust the dipped beam down sufficiently on the electric headlamp adjustment so as not to dazzle oncoming vehicles.
By the way look at all the foreign trucks and cars on UK roads these days, they never seem to have any beam deflectors or tape masking off their lights.
Also modern "cornering headlights and xenon lamps give rise to different issues and be careful as apparently some glues can damage some modern headlight lenses.:Eeek:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If you wear glasses..... forget the benders... put a piece of black tape over the top of each lens ... sorted :winky:

I would go by the AA instructions.. but as I've never used what would I know :Doh:

BriantheSnail

Free Member
Sep 21, 2010
Saddleworth
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 20 September 10!
If you do use them it's not a good idea to leave them on when you return from your travels. The adhesive will etch the headlamp, most seem to be made of plastic.

OP
OP
johnandi
Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
If you wear glasses..... forget the benders... put a piece of black tape over the top of each lens ... sorted :winky:

I would go by the AA instructions.. but as I've never used what would I know :Doh:

OK, seems reasonable - but I'll also aim the lights at the garage door and see if that helps sort it out.
Thanks everyone,

John:thumb:

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
thanks

we are off to France shortly and I must admit that I had forgotten about these deflectors so must get to Halford's soonest>>
On another tack Has anyone had to change a front headlight bulb on the new Peugeot Boxer headlights Its a nightmare esp on the offside as I had to undo the holder for the windscreen fluid just to get my hand in. Then to unsrew the cap in very difficult:Eeek:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Assuming the AA benders are in fact Eurolites, the correct position for them on the Hella projector lights used in the twin formation on a Hymer B Class is shown in figure 8 of the attached.

Attachments

• Headlight Reflector.jpg
    Headlight Reflector.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 74

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back