Places to visit (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Plus s 670SLT
Exp
Since 2014
HI. We are making our first visit to Switzerland on a way to Lake Como. We have 8 days to get from the Calais to lake Como, giving plenty of time for stopovers. My problem is that the whole route will be new to us and not sure where to spend our free time.

Can you please help by suggesting places in your opinion worth a visit in Switzerland.

I’m really struggling with this journey, still not finalised other than going through Switzerland. Your assistance will help where to allocate time for stopovers.

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Switzerland in a nutshell : Beautiful and reassuringly expensive :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
A lovely place to stop before you cross the border from France is Eguisham just outside Colmar. A picture perfect village. There is a good aire but also a nice ACSI site if you prefer, Les Trois Chateaux.
IMG_1104.JPG

IMG_1100.JPG

OP
OP
C
Jul 29, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks for the replies. I'm trying to work out if it's best to do longer driving days to get to near Switzerland, spending the spare days in Switzerland and may be lake Maggiore. Eguisheim looks like an ideal stop, thanks for the suggestion; just what I was hoping for.

OP
OP
C
Jul 29, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2014
Just a couple of days before our adventure starts. Going to stop in Luxembough the first night, then onto Equisheim. Then onto Interlarken for a few days, thinking of staying at Alpenbleck Campsite; as it's an ACSI. However, I don't want to miss a better experience for the sake of a few CHF's. For those who have stayed at Lazy Rancho or Jungfrou, I wold welcome your comments. I would also welcome any help with what's a must see or do whilst their. If anyone has a recommended place to stay on the way to Italy, that would be good.

Many thanks
Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
@Coopit we stayed at Alpenbleck a couple of months ago, like you because it's an ACSI. But beware, it only has around ten "ACSI" pitches, which obviously fill up quickly. Yes there are other pitches of varying size and price, but all of them are expensive (as is everything in Switzerland) and frankly we weren't impressed. You do, however get a free transport pass for the area so I suppose that could offset some of the cost.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back