Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Hi All

Im looking to stay over around The wembley area or close to a tube station for easy access to Wembley Stadium on 28th June.

We are going to see Adele and I thought it would be nice to take the, new to us, MoHo and stay over night.

Any ideas welcome, if its too much of a pain Ill book a hotel :(

Thanks (y)

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
I've recently been to Wembley for the EFL cup final. We parked at Ickenham and parked in the tube station car park. Metropolitan line direct to the stadium. However I didn't take the Motorhome. There seemed to be other car parks about.

OP
OP
Silver-Fox

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
@Bognor Saint thanks for that. I had this mad idea of using the MoHo. But maybe I'm just trying to Justify using it :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
We always park at Stanmore station car park, it is close and cheap for a car but not sure about the motorhome, it is on the Jubilee line.
There are a number of hotels adjacent to the venue but for match days or big acts you will have to book very early as they go pretty quick.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
You could try phoning Hendon Police station,they may know of a safe spot. We stayed at a CC site at Hemel Hempstead,"Breakspear Way? it may be closed now,worth a check,bus to Hemel station jobs a good 'un.
Tea Bag

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Just checked Hemel Site...Permanently CLOSED..Sorry

Roadrunner_644

Free Member
Apr 26, 2008
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class B644
Exp
Since 1990
We stopped way out at near Amersham a few times, highclere caravan park? - it was right at the beginning of the tube that stops right outside Wembley - mind you, 10 years ago, the tube/overground was 10-15 mins walk away?, ring them and they would tell you.

You could either go to chesham, or chalfont, can't remember rightly, but we took in Wembley for something or other, and carried on into London a few more times. I reckon it was 15-20 mins on the train to wembley, and the trains were every half hour or so at least.

We had a great week, about 3 weeks after 7/7, because we wanted to do London, and campsite was dearish - but not overly so.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
When we went to London we wanted near ish to Wembley so we got a nice little hotel in Harrow. On direct bus route and quite a nice place. Easy to travel in and out. Campsites seemed too far.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Try http://wildcamping.moonfruit.com/pub-stopovers/456355020

There are a couple (3 actually) pubs Harefield , New year Green and Rickmansworth?

The GLA. is virtually devoid of camp sites, with Ivor Heath and Denham, as close as you will get?.

When we had to visit Central London (The US embassy for our Visa`s). We stayed at a Travel Lodge within 5 Min Walk of the Tube, and rode in.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back