Pizza a la Remoska & flavoured olives. (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
This is one thread covering two subjects so bear with me....
Over the years we have developed a taste for the flavoured olives you buy on the markets in Spain so we now do our own.

Buy the large jars of pitted olives from Lidl or the like and drain the brine from them and rinse several times in fresh water.

Chop some garlic, fresh ginger and add to a large pinch of dried mixed herb and dried chilli flakes. Add about half this mix to the empty olive jar and put some of the olives back in. Layer the olives and flavourings until they are all back in the jar then cover the lot with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Leave for about two or three days to infuse, shaking the jar twice a day.
The olives are now ready to eat as they are, on salads etc or blitzed to make a tamponade to pick at with those breadsticks or cheesy biscuits.

The oil is the bonus!! This can be used in cooking, on salads etc but we also use it in our pizza recipe...

We don't use an oven in our van so wondered if we could make a pizza in the Remoska. We thought initially of some pizza bases but they always remind me of cardboard so we made the base from scratch using this flour from Mercadona (There will be an equivalent in the UK).
_20171121_100107.JPG

IMG_20171121_100024-1099x1466.jpg

It has its own rising agent and has dried garlic in it( I think). Mix some of the flour with cold water, a little salt an a small amount of the oil from the olives. Mix to a dough and knead for a few minutes. Allow to rest and prove for about 20 minutes then knead a little more and put whatever thickness you want into the bottom of the Remoska pan that has been warmed and oiled with the same oil.
For the tomato sauce we used some of the ginger, garlic etc that she had put in the oil together with a good squeeze of tomato puree and a ripe fresh tomato. Mashed together but uncooked this formed the tomato sauce which went on top of the dough in the pan.
Add whatever cheeses you prefer broken or grated on to the sauce and any other toppings. We used Chirozo . If you want to add any other meats it would probably be better if it was cooked and sliced first!
About 15 minutes later the pizza was ready and we had it with a green salad.

IMG_20171121_095743-1118x1624.jpg

IMG_20171121_095652-1737x1048.jpg

It sounds like a bit of a FAFF making it all this way but to us it is part of motorhoming.

OP
OP
namwaldog
Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Don't you just love predictive text. Hope it didn't put anyone off their tea!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
sounds snd looks delicious as do the olives!
must get a romoska!
Can I do it on a frying pan? Do you think?
Thanks for the post I love a recipe for the MH!!

OP
OP
namwaldog
Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Thanks Andrea, the Remoska heats from the lid and transfers the heat through the whole pan creating an oven effect.
If you had a tight fitting lid to your frying pan it might work but the heat source would have to be low or the dough would burn.
There's only one way to find out:whistle:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
...and delivery - to SW France?

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Thanks for sharing....well at least the recipe anyhow.
Great idea on creating your own olive tapas or anti pasta style sides, much more fun and more more economical.
We have a new remoska oven which we try and use as much as possible here at home to get some practice in for our overseas MH journeys...and its a great asset to us.
Every evening we ask ourselves "can that be done in the Remoska" well we havent let ourselves down as yet, and are still learning.
Flat breads are the same as Pizza bases, so at least if we have the correct flour and some yeast, we shouldn't get stuck for bread while away
Now I will Focaccia off, and thank you for sharing once again. (y)

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
Thank you for those wonderful recipes.

We discovered Remoska pizza in Italy this summer using pre rolled fresh pizza dough but hit a problem with getting it into the remoska as it is quite flimsy (thin) and was unwieldy when it had the toppings on. We solved the problem by using the base from a cake tin of a similar size to the remoska base to build the pizza on then we lower it into the prewarmed Remoska.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Flat breads are the same as Pizza bases, so at least if we have the correct flour and some yeast, we shouldn't get stuck for bread while away
Now I will Focaccia off, and thank you for sharing once again. (y)
If you don't have yeast but do have some baking powder with you you can still make bread and it's good if you're in a hurry as you don't have to leave it to 'prove':

http://modernsurvivalblog.com/survival-kitchen/how-to-make-basic-bread-from-dough-without-yeast/

Nov 23, 2015
Ramsey, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Montana
Exp
I'm a newbie
After reading about Mr Wombles bread pudding and other members cooking experiences I decided to take the plunge and buy a Remoska. Checking out the prices I ordered one direct from Czech on web site alzashop.com for £99 plus £10 delivery by DPD. The order was placed a week last Saturday and the Remoska R21F Original was delivered last Thursday morning, not bad going and a tracking number was provided.
Was going to cook a chicken this Sunday but it was too big at 1.65 kg.
Bought a non stick cake tin yesterday (ready for the bread pud) for £2.50 from Dunelm but having difficulty getting a rack for bacon and sausages. Lakeland and Amazon have sold out of the standard size with no indication if and when they will have more stock!
In the meantime I have ordered a Chinese stainless steel steamer rack from Amazon - 3 or 4 weeks delivery! Very cheap £1.65 including postage.
If any member has another idea I would be pleased to hear from them.
Thanks.
Mac Man

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
We have 2 original remoskas standard in the van and the big one at home. We have always had a van with a decent oven but love the way you get a good mixture of flavours when done in the remoska. Use the one at home quite a lot too.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
having difficulty getting a rack for bacon and sausages. Lakeland and Amazon have sold out of the standard size with no indication if and when they will have more stock!
You could instead use a rack meant for a halogen oven, if the legs are too long just bend them, alternatively look for a circular cooling rack (ie for baking) and place that on top of your cake tin so it catches the fat etc.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Try making a toad in the hole. Cook sausages in a drop of oil for a little while first, directly in the pan with the lid on, then pour over the Yorkshire batter over the sausages and replace lid. Cook and enjoy. Comes out lovely and clean after washing.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
[QUOTE
Was going to cook a chicken this Sunday but it was too big at 1.65 kg.
[/QUOTE]

Depending on the size of Remoska, if the chicken is slightly too high, we give ours a good push down so it doesn't catch on the lid, or cut in half, will cook much quicker, especially important when using the inverter to cook it.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I did a whole chicken, I bought a small free range one, then I spatch cocked it by turning upside down and cutting along each side of the vertebrae as you do, Removed parsons nose, wing tips, and feet.
Squeezed a whole lemon over it rubbing inside and out with the juice, salt & pepper, sprinkle of herbs or Cajun spice. Fitted well in The Remoska, but took the precaution of placing some buttered parchment paper over the top of the chicken so the top didnt get too burnt. The result was better than I imagined, the chicken was cooked through & very juicy indeed....MMMMM.
I will do this a lot in the MH, unless of course the sun is beaming and I get the Charcoal BBQ out, then it will be marinaded Chicken Tandoori every time.

Nov 23, 2015
Ramsey, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Montana
Exp
I'm a newbie
You could instead use a rack meant for a halogen oven, if the legs are too long just bend them, alternatively look for a circular cooling rack (ie for baking) and place that on top of your cake tin so it catches the fat etc.

Thanks Minxy Girl a good idea not though of that it’s easy to get a cooling rack, I’ll give it a go!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back