Free Member
Jul 15, 2013
nr preston lancs
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
80s
Only possible problem with a fifth wheel trailer is it is my understanding now that all trailers over 3.5t now have to be registered with VOSA and need a number plate affixed to back of trailer, therefore it will be on record when the trailer left the UK so you won’t be able to leave it for over 6 months in any country !!!! Unlike caravans that have no number plate as all caravans are under 3.5t so don’t need to have number plate therefore cannot be tracked
You must register commercial trailers over 750kg and all trailers over 3,500kg before they can travel through countries that have ratified the 1968 Vienna Convention on Road Traffic.

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Last edited:

riversidejoe

Free Member
Jul 15, 2013
nr preston lancs
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
80s
Only possible problem with a fifth wheel trailer is it is my understanding now that all trailers over 3.5t now have to be registered with VOSA and need a number plate affixed to back of trailer, therefore it will be on record when the trailer left the UK so you won’t be able to leave it for over 6 months in any country !!!! Unlike caravans that have no number plate as all caravans are under 3.5t so don’t need to have number plate therefore cannot be tracked
You must register commercial trailers over 750kg and all trailers over 3,500kg before they can travel through countries that have ratified the 1968 Vienna Convention on Road Traffic.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Don’t you have to register a caravan if it’s in Spain for more than 6 months ?
not unless it is over 750kgs in weight then it would probably be required like spanish ones are to have its own tax, insrance & registration plate

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
For your vehicle insurance have a chat with Stuart Collins insurance. They do a policy where you can have a UK vehicle outside of the UK for 365 days per year. Their service is brilliant.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Don’t you have to register a caravan if it’s in Spain for more than 6 months ?

Of course not, you just put it in storage and use it, 😉 the same as all the others. 🙂

We took it out the UK as towing a trailer, I always said when we took our scooters out of the UK, the only proof you would have if it was stolen would be photographic evidence, because you don't put it on a crossing when you leave or come back. 🤔 Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back