Pitch guide for oversized Motorhomes? (Updated info Needed) (1 Viewer)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Hi

Just come off the phone with a guy who was asking me about Availability of pitching/ facilities for Larger Vehicles. (he`d remembered seeing my Old Odessa) I know the "Big Pitch Guide" died some time back. is there another source of Information current?.

Another question being Recovery?. I used the RAC (commercial) via the CCC (arrival). Any one else doing it these days?.

The issue is compounded by the fact that the unit he has bought being a (very well) converted Plaxton Coach!, with "garage", which he wants to do camping and Motor-sport.

Cheers. Pete.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I think it's find a site you like and give them a ring to see if they will take you.
We have RAC arrivals, never used them and hope not to but it's there if we need it.

OP
OP
PeteH

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
It was getting somewhat harder to find places with 32ft. This thing is closer to 40. The CC where getting Picky by the time I sold the R-V. and lots of the sites I used, are turning big stuff away. There are places that won`t take 8M which is not that much bigger than a Big Caravan inc; drawbar!. One of the last "events" was a big "bust up" with the warden at Rowntree Park. having booked and arrived to be told "no can take", I sat in the gateway until he got the message that I had been on 6 of his pitches over a period of 3 year prior, on over 10 occasions!. Having also spent the previous Xmas on the "Overflow" site!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PeteH

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp