LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Many off you will have used this “aire” off the A63 below Bordeaux behind the church. I think Brewery Dave loved it. Anyway we pulled in today to find a new sign( that wasn’t there in January on our way south) saying no Motorhome parking anywhere around the Church area and threatening fines. Noticed 2 Hippy vans near the toilets who seemed to be long-standing residents.
Bit disappointed cos up the road is the best wood fired baker who produces superb sourdoughs.
Cheers
Bernie

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Oh what a shame we used it on our way down in December a lovely quiet stop, there were no long term vans there then.
Thanks for the info(y)(y)(y)

Nov 25, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2006
That’s only just happened then because we stopped there on Monday the 4th and there were a couple of other vans behind the church and no signs then.
Shame!
Richard

OP
OP
Ber090

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
I've used that one several times when heading south. It was never a 'proper' aire, just unofficial overnight parking, they have obviously had too many vans overnighting around the church.
Might still possible that you can still stay the night in the carpark next to the toilets though.

https://park4night.com/lieu/3667//pissos-place-de-l'Église/france/landes#.XII5fPZ2u01

Pete
Pete, The car park was full with cars and vans plus 2 converted hippies lorries who looked like they were going to stay a long time! If they do I fear the Mayor will act.
Cheers
Bernie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Quite a few assumptions there, how do you know the lorries didn’t have permission from the Marie to park there?
If not, I am sure the Marie or Gendarmes will see they are moved soon.
But, it seems no motorhomes should ever have been parked there, not just the alleged Hippy lorries.

OP
OP
Ber090

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Quite a few assumptions there, how do you know the lorries didn’t have permission from the Marie to park there?
If not, I am sure the Marie or Gendarmes will see they are moved soon.
But, it seems no motorhomes should ever have been parked there, not just the alleged Hippy lorries.
I don’t want to start any debate on “assumptions “ or “alleged” or weather they had permission. I was there and passed on the info. End of!

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Bit disappointed cos up the road is the best wood fired baker who produces superb sourdoughs.

Oh no! We stayed there too last autumn for 2 days. The bread from

Chez Marion & Corentin

is indeed some of the finest bread I have ever tasted! I spent a morning in the bakery with Corentin and he gave me a mini master class on bread baking(y), then gave me some of his sourdough starter which I still have and use now.

Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
I think I know why the sign went up. We were there on 1st February. The local bus uses the area as a turning place. Facing the rear of the church the buses approach from the left and leave on the right. We were parked at the far end of the aire, furthest away from the church along with four other vans. Three large motorhomes were parked directly behind the church, and a couple of others were parked at right-angles to these. When the bus came the driver obviously had a problem getting back out past the motorhomes. He got out and talked to one of the owners but the driver of the motorhome in his way wasn't there. He did eventually manage to get out, but he obviously wasn't very happy. A few minutes after this I walked over the road to the shop/cafe and the cafe area was very busy. I think it got good business from the motorhomes. No-one was parked badly, and there was loads of room. While we were there cars could easily pass the motorhomes to get to the houses at the back. I think the problem is that none of the parking places were marked out. On Campercontact it’s listed as having 20 places. It's a pity that someone can't get in touch with the authorities and ask them if it would be possible to offer a reduced number of clearly marked spaces, as I'm sure that none of the 10 motorhomes there that night meant to upset anyone.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Nomadrush

Free Member
Apr 24, 2018
Swindon
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar
Exp
35 years
Thats a shame i was on my way there tomorrow ( Thursday 14th ) after my ferry was cancelled yesterday from santander now they have routed me to st malo . any ideas guys
Paul

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back