Free Member
Jul 22, 2019
Fairburn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyanne
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, I'm new to the motorhome scene and hopefully someone will be able to give me some help.
I recently bought a motorhome and it had a Pioneer avd-w6210 satnav installed, what age the unit is I don't know. I've contacted Pioneer to see if I can get an up to date cd route map, unfortunately they tell me they don't recognise the model or the serial number, can anyone help me with this one please?
Yours in anticipation, John

OP
OP
J2L

J2L

Free Member
Jul 22, 2019
Fairburn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyanne
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, tbh I was thinking about doing that, I guess I just needed a little nudge to convince me, thanks for your reply ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
We had a pioneer system on a previous motorhome but it was updated with an SD card so I guess your unit is quite old.
Some years ago we had a car that had sat nav and was updated by disc. Originals were extortionate but I found some copies on eBay that worked well.

Reactions: J2L
Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Lot of the older Sat Navs were based on Windows CE and designed in such a way that the owner had to go online and buy updated maps. If you are into electronics you maybe able to hack into the Win CE System and then add the maps manually. I managed it with an Alpine Sat Nav a few years ago.

Upvote 0
May 23, 2019
Norfolkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Aviano
Exp
Since 2019
I'm in the same boat as you John. My Pioneer sat nav/radio thingy dates from around 2007 and having searched extensively it appears the discs are no longer made. I can't find any newer than 2012. If I can find anywhere on my A class to mount it (windscreen seems about a mile away) I'll use the portable Tom Tom from my car.

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Did you ask the seller?

Upvote 0
May 23, 2019
Norfolkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Aviano
Exp
Since 2019
Yes, seller didn't bother with it and used his portable garmin. Seems the obvious thing to do really.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J2L

J2L

Free Member
Jul 22, 2019
Fairburn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyanne
Exp
I'm a newbie
We had a pioneer system on a previous motorhome but it was updated with an SD card so I guess your unit is quite old.
Some years ago we had a car that had sat nav and was updated by disc. Originals were extortionate but I found some copies on eBay that worked well.
Thanks for that, didn't think about ebay, I'll give it a shot, cheers ?

Upvote 0
May 23, 2019
Norfolkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Aviano
Exp
Since 2019
Sorry J2L I had no intention of hijacking your thread.
Back to you (y)

Upvote 0

Neil Ric Tic

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 11, 2014
Chester
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740+
Exp
Getting There!
May be of help?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J2L

J2L

Free Member
Jul 22, 2019
Fairburn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyanne
Exp
I'm a newbie
Sorry J2L I had no intention of hijacking your thread.
Back to you (y)
No worries Pops 1, will still use the pioneer in the right circumstance.
I have a Garmin Zumo that I use on my motorbike, bought an adaptor so I can use it on the motorhome so hopefully I'll be OK, failing that Christmas will soon be here ???

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J2L

J2L

Free Member
Jul 22, 2019
Fairburn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyanne
Exp
I'm a newbie
May be of help?

Hi Neil Ric Tic (is the reference Ric Tic to the record label?) all the manuals came with the motorhome but I'll keep the thread for future reference, cheers ??

Upvote 0

Neil Ric Tic

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 11, 2014
Chester
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740+
Exp
Getting There!
J2L......

No probs!

You're spot on with the record label ref!...........Are you a fan also, or an N.S. buff?

Upvote 0
May 23, 2019
Norfolkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Aviano
Exp
Since 2019
No worries Pops 1, will still use the pioneer in the right circumstance.
I have a Garmin Zumo that I use on my motorbike, bought an adaptor so I can use it on the motorhome so hopefully I'll be OK, failing that Christmas will soon be here ???

Great minds think alike, I am planning to use my motorbike Tom Tom with a car adaptor ?

Upvote 0
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Personally I think Google maps together with the Tom tom speed/camera are both free and as good as paid for apps. But you really need a data allowance to get the best out of it.

Upvote 0
May 23, 2019
Norfolkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Aviano
Exp
Since 2019
You would think, but when you look deeper the downloads are dated 2007 and 2008 and there are no DVD's to buy unless I am missing something obvious.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Sorry ..the 'Obvious' is not that clear . Contact customer support from the web site and they will guide you . It prompts you to follow a few tick boxes then guides you to the Updates to purchase either by USB and download to the pc or direct from Pioneer as a CD.
EIther way the system will be able to be updated from the information now available to you.
Hopefuly that will help?
It does work as we have had a Pioneer sat nav in the Smart car that when it Fired up..it shows the date at 2005 on the main screen. We contacted the customer support with the details of ours and they supplied the link to down load the maps to date. It cost £47.99 (Vie Paypal) but my system was right up to spec.

Kev

Upvote 0

Motorhome-dude

Free Member
Jun 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
A class since 2011
Hi, I'm new to the motorhome scene and hopefully someone will be able to give me some help.
I recently bought a motorhome and it had a Pioneer avd-w6210 satnav installed, what age the unit is I don't know. I've contacted Pioneer to see if I can get an up to date cd route map, unfortunately they tell me they don't recognise the model or the serial number, can anyone help me with this one please?
Yours in anticipation, John
Hi John,

I'm with the other posters, get a separate unit. I had a Mercedes car that needed a new sat Nov disc. It cost a fortune and the maps were older than Noah!

For 16 quid a year I've got a dedicated motorhome Sat Nav that updates itself automatically and also gives me up to the second traffic reports and re-routing.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back