Pioneer problem (1 Viewer)

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
I had a new pioneer head unit fitted about a month ago but on long journeys it often loses power for a second or 2 before coming back on after resetting itself. It might do it 3 or 4 times before coming on a for a long period again. Totally annoying and can't think what is causing it.

When it comes back on the time has reset to 12:00 so I'm guessing it is losing power from the permanent live feed momentarily although radio stations seem to still be saved when it comes back on.

Any ideas? Do they have any over heating cut-off functions as the unit does feel a bit on the warm side but that's maybe nothing unusual. There was a few mouse trap type things left in the van when I bought it so perhaps they have had mice so there could be a bare wire behind the dash somewhere :unsure:

Any help appreciated.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Phone the Pioneer technical help line, but does sound like a power supply problem.

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Ah bless the Halfords staff, they try at least.

Phoned them up to tell them about the above fault. So the other day I took the van down and they agree that the amp in the unit is over heating and that is what is cutting it off. That particular model has been updated now so I got a slightly better system fitted at no extra cost.

Jumped in the van this morning and seems the permanent live isn't working as stereo always ask for language, time etc to be set. Back down to Halfords and the guy broke the release catch trying to get the fascia off. Fixed it then got the system stuck on German language. He had to take it back in to the store to reset it there. Back out and finally seems to be working. Drove Edinburgh to Aberdeen today and it's not cutting out so happy days.

So if your unit cuts out after a while this is probably what is wrong.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back