Pioneer AVH-Z7000DAB Radio - views / advice please (1 Viewer)

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Our motorhome came fitted with a basic Kenwood radio which I find a pain in the butt to use:crying: so looking to replace the unit.

I like the look of the Pioneer AVH-Z7000DAB https://www.pioneer-car.eu/eur/products/avh-z7000dab.

This is a single din unit with a motorised display which I would like to fit into the top slot in our 2016 Fiat Ducato leaving the lower slot for storage. Sat-nav is not included but it can be connected to my Android smart phone for navigation if required.

I would be interested to hear if any other Funsters have this set-up or any particular views or advice from anybody else on Pioneer as a make.

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
We've got the Pioneer Avic F980. It's a double din unit with sat nav and DVD and reversing camera features. Not what you are looking for but a very well put together unit. It's not cheap but I didn't pay as I got the dealer to replace the knackered and not working media system that was in situ.
I have other pioneer products at home and cannot fault them.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
My van had a basic single DIN CD player that sounded awful and barely worked, so I was looking to change it.

I really wanted an Android Auto head unit as my brother's Skoda has it and it's fantastic.

After looking at the prices (I think the cheapest is the Sony AX100 at ~£300) and worrying about it becoming obsolete in only a couple of years, I decided I couldn't justify the cost.

In the end I put in a fairly basic and subtle Kenwood head unit with DAB and bluetooth for £100. My phone now sits on a good mount in a nice visible spot above the gearstick for satnav with the sound coming out of the van's speakers via bluetooth. The sound still isn't fantastic, but it's far better than the stock radio and the DAB is pretty good too. It's been completely bulletproof so far.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
I have an earlier model double din with separate Sat Nav unit. All works fine but don't use the reversing camera as I have a separate twin lens unit. Easy to use and update with POI's

PaulSt

Free Member
Apr 12, 2018
Funster No
Our motorhome came fitted with a basic Kenwood radio which I find a pain in the butt to use:crying: so looking to replace the unit.

I like the look of the Pioneer AVH-Z7000DAB https://www.pioneer-car.eu/eur/products/avh-z7000dab.

This is a single din unit with a motorised display which I would like to fit into the top slot in our 2016 Fiat Ducato leaving the lower slot for storage. Sat-nav is not included but it can be connected to my Android smart phone for navigation if required.

I would be interested to hear if any other Funsters have this set-up or any particular views or advice from anybody else on Pioneer as a make.

Hi - I'm looking at getting this unit for my 2017 Ducato chassis and doing the exact same thing? Did you go through with it in the end? Could you recommend a fitter or do you have a list of parts I'd need?

Thanks.

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi - I'm looking at getting this unit for my 2017 Ducato chassis and doing the exact same thing? Did you go through with it in the end? Could you recommend a fitter or do you have a list of parts I'd need?

Thanks.
Hi @PaulSt & w2f

Yes, I bought the Pioneer unit and had it fitted by my my moho dealer (Becks) ... I think everything was included with the main unit so I didn't need anything else.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
We've got the Pioneer Avic F980. It's a double din unit with sat nav and DVD and reversing camera features. Not what you are looking for but a very well put together unit. It's not cheap but I didn't pay as I got the dealer to replace the knackered and not working media system that was in situ.
I have other pioneer products at home and cannot fault them.

Snap! We swapped out a Kenwood double-din unit that was so ssssslow.

Only comment on the Pioneer is the messages we get about roads being potentially dangerous and subject to special permission. Worries my navigatrice but they are usually just roads leading to campsites.

And the cost of database updates....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back