Pinpointpal Tracker now even cheaper £179.90 for 2 years then £25 per year! (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Previously posted a deal that Bulldog Security had for the Pinpointpal tracker at £206.95 but that is now over but found even cheaper here at £179.90 Broken Link Removed This seller is currently showing stock as 9 available.
If you would like an extra 3 months tracking free then please message me for our code so we each get an extra 3 months(y) Once you have bought and registered this Pinpointpal tracker simply email them within one month of purchase at info@pinpointpal.com quoting our unique promotion code and they will credit both our accounts with 3 months free service.
Pinpointpal details https://www.pinpointpal.com/consumer
We aren't connected in any way to Pinpointpal or the eBay seller above but think it looks like it is a great product (app looks good but not fitted ours yet) & want to share the deal (we paid £206.95:() & the extra tracking offer:) Will post a review once fitted...

Last edited:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Not sure what this one does over the ones you can get for £30.00 on ebay which you put ten pound payg credit on.
I am looking at gps /gsm trackers at the moment. What does this one do that makes it so expensive

Neil

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Don't know what the cheapie eBay trackers are like but lots of info. about Pinpointpal on their website. These normally sell for £235-250 so cheap price for this model! The show price at the NEC was £220 so we thought that £206 was good but £179 even better - looks like seller has sold 16 recently against the other cheaper competition on eBay so we can't all be wrong can we?! We went for this as fixed cost diy budget option, useful app, reputable company (linked with Bulldog Security), tracker made in Britain plus useful features like location history. So far looks well made, responsive after sales, easy to register & useful app but not installed the tracker unit yet so will report back on how that goes!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Sounds good,

Most of the features you mention are present on the others, including live tracking on google maps.
Can you draw a ringfence around the vehicle so that it alerts you if the vehicke moves out of the area.
As i said i am just about to buy one so i will look at this one closely.
The standard ones on ebay ( they are nearly all the same ) allow you to listen to the conversation that is taking place in your vehicle on your phone and if neccesary you can shut the vehicles fuel off by sending the device an sms.

I will start to research this one as its one i hadnt come across.

Thanks

Neil

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi Wombles

I have just been doing some reading on this and it is without doubt a great piece of kit, but sadly not for me.

It alerts you via an app so it assumes that you will always have 3g on your phone. When i am abroad i turn the 3g off most of the time to avoid big bill, so the chances are i wouldnt get to know my vehicle had been taken until i next logged on which could be many hours after it was stolen.

If you travel through several countries you would need to know that your phone 3g is active in every country.

The cheaper ones allert you via sms which is a facility i have active most of the time in europe. I can always send or receive a text .

Horses for courses, it does look good but sadly doesnt suit my needs
Thanks for the info

Neil

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hopefully having wi-fi on & emails alerting on our phones the Pinpointpal will be good enough for us but take your point - thank you for giving feedback as it all helps :)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Fitted now & quite easy but have to remember that it must be fitted to permanent supply from vehicle battery - tried the cab courtesy light & tracker emailed us to say it was live then that it was using battery backup so deduced that that one was not permanent supply! Clever little tracker(y) On first set up instructions say that it can take 2 hours to register but live on app & website within minutes. Location meant to be accurate to within 5 metres & was correct on map to back end of motorhome so within 3 metres of exact location of tracker (within 6 metre van) so exceeded expectations:) App & website login are simple & easy to use so very happy Wombles so far:D

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Hi Wombles

I have just been doing some reading on this and it is without doubt a great piece of kit, but sadly not for me.

It alerts you via an app so it assumes that you will always have 3g on your phone. When i am abroad i turn the 3g off most of the time to avoid big bill, so the chances are i wouldnt get to know my vehicle had been taken until i next logged on which could be many hours after it was stolen.

If you travel through several countries you would need to know that your phone 3g is active in every country.

The cheaper ones allert you via sms which is a facility i have active most of the time in europe. I can always send or receive a text .

Horses for courses, it does look good but sadly doesnt suit my needs
Thanks for the info

Neil

Hi Neil looking at similar systems to your good-self. How about starting a thread and keeping us all updated I'm sure other funsters would also be interested.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Not on the insurance approved list so no good if it's a requirement from your insurance company. What are the advantages of a subscription based service like this one over one of the £30 ones if no insurance benefit?

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi, I am at the looking and thinking stages , comparing different types.
Without under valuing the pinpointal system ( which is a good piece of kit ) I cannot see the advantage of a subscription system over one that you put £10.00 credit on and it lasts you a year.

Nearly all of them have the same characteristics . Some have extra elements such as you can send a sms to the device to activate a live feed out. This could be used to trip a relay and cu=t of the fuel or immobilise the vehicle from afar.

Some allow you to ring the device so that you can secretly listen to any conversations that are taking place in your vehicle ( ie the thieves )

Above all the cheaper ones work on the sms system to alert you , so you can ring fence the vehicles location and if it moves outside that area you will get an sms within seconds . this suits me better that an email or app alert as I don't always have internet ( especially abroad ) but always have a phone service .

I will let you know how I get on but as far as I can see nearly all the cheap ones do a similar job and are good value for the money

Neil

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back