Pining for the Fjords (1 Viewer)

DDDigger

Free Member
Aug 12, 2021
Funster No
MH
Buying in the future
Well yes ultimately I'd like to get to Norway in a van or MH, hopefully before Valhalla.

But haven't got one yet and building up my research and must haves lists before committing. At the moment got periously close to pulling the trigger on a couple of van conversions as a trial experiement but with the present Vandemic adding £000s to the price of the dodgiest MOT pass scrapers decided I'll probably wait it out till I hit part retirement and hopefully the market settles. Then plans to spend up to 6 months pas in splits on the road round Europe and UK between contracts. So here to soak up knowledge on van practicalities and particularly those that are liveable in for insulation/condensation in the winter months.

In the meantime if anyone has a killer deal on a winterized van/MH, not too old, not starship mileage ping me.

Cheers

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
w2f
You'll definitely find plenty of info and help on here and a lot more besides. Enjoy the journey (y)

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
My brother in law did a motorcycle trip to the arctic circle before covid in July. The roads and hotels were deserted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 9, 2011
Broadway
Funster No
MH
Aclass
Exp
since 2009
Hello and welcome. Make sure your van has plenty of storage for food as it’s eye-wateringly expensive In Norway. We toured there about 3 years ago for a month. Would I go back? Definitely yes.

OP
OP
D

DDDigger

Free Member
Aug 12, 2021
Funster No
MH
Buying in the future
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Already working on pros and cons between PVCs and skinny coachbuilts.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from The Cotswolds! (y)

( Love the Monty Python reference!)

Reactions: f6c
Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Greetings peeps welcome from Bexley

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Already working on pros and cons between PVCs and skinny coachbuilts.
You need Minxy Girl for that, she’s just come off the back of a pvc to a Carthago compact line (I think) I’m sure she can tell you a thing or two about either👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back