Pinbox app for iPhones (1 Viewer)

Oct 8, 2016
Tunbridge Wells
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
I'm a newbie
Found this great little app called Pinbox. Unfortunately only available for iPhones. Very easy to use and lets you create map(s) for a multitude of purposes. e.g. Our next trip, Places we must visit, Our favourite sites, Our holiday in France 2016 etc. Simply search by name / postcode / map coordinates and pin will drop. Can colour code pin and enter details such as phone no., website address, and notes.

Now, being a bit of a geek I've compared this with Google Maps for marking locations and believe this is the simplest to use by far.

If you're anything like me, then I used to have bits of paper with scribbled notes all clipped together under the heading 'holiday ideas'. I would read a magazine and think 'Now there's a thought - best make a note of that!' Now I can keep all these ideas organised.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Thanks for that, I will give it a try. I have been using Evernote to take photos and details of aires I have visited but it seems Pinbox may have a number of advantages, not least putting in coordinates for you.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Found this great little app called Pinbox. Unfortunately only available for iPhones. Very easy to use and lets you create map(s) for a multitude of purposes. e.g. Our next trip, Places we must visit, Our favourite sites, Our holiday in France 2016 etc. Simply search by name / postcode / map coordinates and pin will drop. Can colour code pin and enter details such as phone no., website address, and notes.

Now, being a bit of a geek I've compared this with Google Maps for marking locations and believe this is the simplest to use by far.

If you're anything like me, then I used to have bits of paper with scribbled notes all clipped together under the heading 'holiday ideas'. I would read a magazine and think 'Now there's a thought - best make a note of that!' Now I can keep all these ideas organised.
Whoa!

It costs £2.99. Way too expensive for me!:whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Well I bought it, it's a great little place to store details of Aires and other POI with pictures and coordinates which can all be input either at the location or when planning a trip. We used to have a large map on a pin board to show places of interest but of course that's not portable, this is. A great little app.

scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
Hi MR i have just purchased the app,but new to all this techno can this be used to show places we have stopped etc showing the track of where we have travelled? Thought it might be handy as a sought of notebook as we are travelling along.we are on a months trip to spain next wk so would like to get to grips with it before we go.Any help and tips on how to use it iwill be gratefull,ta

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back